Lead Engineer, Cyber Security Operations
Company: Emergent BioSolutions Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
By clicking the Accept button, you agree to us doing so. Lead
Engineer, Cyber Security Operations Location: Gaithersburg, MD, US,
20879 Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of
ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment
characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities.
Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their
scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products
designed-to protect life. I. JOB SUMMARY The Principal Cyber
Security Engineer works both independently and collaboratively with
developers, project managers, project engineers, systems engineers,
and software engineers. The primary responsibility for this
individual will be the day to day activities/tasks associated with
implementing cyber security solutions as it applies to the
development and employment of a wide range of products. This
includes ensuring adherence to secure engineering practices during
the product life-cycle of software and hardware. II. ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Responsible for management, implementation, configuration, and
deployment of Information Security systems such as SEIM, FWs,
IDS/IPS, EDR, DLP, AV, ..ect
- Security Operations: Configuration and maintenance of security
tools, applications, and processes to include next-generation
firewalls, endpoint protection, email protection, and logging
generation, collection, and analysis
- Security Monitoring: Primarily responsible for SIEM security
event monitoring, and for creating and tuning custom detection
- Threat Management: Analyze threat intel, identify threat
vectors, perform threat modeling, and develop use cases for
security monitoring and response actions
- Reporting: Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for
security operations based on detected incidents/events
- Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of
strategic IT security projects & initiatives
- Work across the organization to provide direction for
Information Security initiatives. Assist information owners in
identifying and implementing controls to mitigate the threats to
the organization's information assets and computing resources.
Identify and recommend security solutions to meet the changes in
technology and business operations.
- Comprehend large, complex systems through documentation,
diagrams, and direct communication
- Act as an advocate for Information Security standard
- Consults with IT and business areas management regarding their
security risks and responsibility in minimizing those risks.
- Represent security concerns with application development
- Conduct application and vendor baseline reviews.
- Stay current with emerging cyber security technologies and
industry trends The above statements are intended to describe the
nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an
exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description
restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects
management's assignment of essential functions. III. MINIMUM
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- 6+ years of applicable experience
- Expertise with the technical implementation of security best
practices and industry standards, and in-depth knowledge of
cyber-attack tactics, monitoring techniques, data protection, and
- A clear understanding of security engineering, system and
network security, security testing, authentication and security
protocols, cryptography, networking, and application security
- Experience in setting up and configuring log aggregation
utilities, monitoring network, and system security logs, virtual
environments, and assisting infrastructure, development, and
security teams identify, analyze, and resolve issues
- Experience architecting and implementing enterprise-level
security solutions for Cloud companies (SaaS, IaaS, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability in critical thinking, enjoy solving
complex problems, and excellent analytical, communication, and
- Experience creating automated processes using well-known
frameworks such as PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.
- Possession of a current industry security certification (GIAC
GSEC, SSCP, Sec+ etc.);
- Possess planning, interpersonal, and motivational skills, able
to write clearly and succinctly in technical and non-technical
- Experience in root cause analysis, industry benchmarking,
survey evaluation and data interpretation is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain multi-functional and positive
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with a solid ability
to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work under stressful and tight deadlines as well as
the ability to lead in a fast-paced environment.
- Above average computer hardware and software knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task, discerns patterns in detail.
- Think through problems for logical solutions and remain calm
and professional under stress.
- Able to work with highly confidential information. As part of
our team, you'll join talented and inspiring colleagues whose sense
of purpose complements your own. We offer highly diverse career
opportunities, a supportive culture, competitive salaries, flexible
work arrangements and an extensive benefits package. Information
submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities
related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions
respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will
Protecting and Enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030 focuses our energy
to improve the quality of life for individuals around the world,
giving them the opportunity to experience the fullness of life. Our
drive towards this vision informs all of our actions-whether it is
our approach to product development, manufacturing, encouraging
employee health and wellness or giving back to the community-we
strive every day to achieve this shared goal. WE BELIEVE IN OUR
- Stand shoulder to shoulder no matter what
- We combine our best thinking and communicate openly to support
- Break through thinking
- We take smart risks, pursue innovation and challenge ourselves
to constantly improve.
- Own it always
- Every person at Emergent is engaged and accountable for
delivering on our commitments.
- Compete where it counts
- We set the right goals and respect each other as we conquer
Keywords: Emergent BioSolutions Inc, Washington DC , Lead Engineer, Cyber Security Operations, Engineering , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!