Senior Network Engineer
Company: Earth Resources Technology, Inc.
Location: College Park
Posted on: February 26, 2021
The mission of the National Weather Service (NWS), an agency within
the Department of Commerce's National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration (NOAA), is to provide weather, water and climate
forecasts and warnings for the United States, its territories, and
its adjacent waters and oceans to protect life and property and to
enhance the national economy. The Weather and Climate
Infrastructure Services (WCCIS) contract supports the NWS's Central
Processing and Information Dissemination portfolios. The contract
is managed by the National Centers for Environmental Prediction
(NCEP) Central Operations (NCO). WCCIS supports NCO's mission which
is to deliver national and global weather, water, climate and space
weather guidance, forecasts, warnings and analyses to a broad range
of users and partners. These products and services respond to user
needs to protect life and property, enhance the nation's economy,
and support the nation's growing need for environmental
information. Position Description
- Architect solutions for business development that are feasible
within the current environment.
- Develop and deliver the professional proposals and design
- Define, design, plan, and implement LAN/WAN infrastructure
changes including cabling, switches, routers, and firewalls, Layer
2 and Layer 3 design, and network configurations.
- Operate and maintain all network hardware and software.
- Plan and execute network migrations, network OS upgrades,
network hardware upgrades, firewall implementations and VPN
- Provide in-house technical training to staff on a continuing
- Monitor network activity including, but not limited to, network
equipment health, data transfer rates, network connectivity,
bandwidth consumption, and security intrusions.
- Create, maintain, and disseminate system documentation and
Standard Operating Procedures for network maintenance
- Monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve problems with Very
Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) satellite systems.
- Maintain and operate communication devices and services
- Management tools, equipment and software, and telephone support
lines (such as the 1-888-OPSnet line).
- Deliver monthly reports concerning network metrics including,
but not limited to, network uptime statistics, bandwidth
consumption, network link utilization, and outages for both network
links and network equipment.
- Configure and operate CISCO Unified Communications server (Call
Manager) in support of enterprise wide VOIP Phones and DVTCs.
- Configure Quality of Service (QOS) over a Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) network to support classes of service and
- Provide the on-call and after hours support as required.
- Working experience with Juniper netscreen and Junos firmware
based devices (SSG and SRX firewalls, MX series routers and EX
- Policy deployment of Juniper firewalls using NSM.
- Securing and protecting vital critical infrastructures.
- Serving as lead on various Enterprise Projects.
- Tier III support in a NOC style ticketing environment.--
10+ years of network engineering experience or related. Ability to
work under general supervision. Familiar with standard concepts,
practices, and procedures. Ability to provide technical oversight
or supervision of others. Advanced troubleshooting and support
experience of network solutions that include: Cisco Nexus, Cisco
ASA and FirePower Appliances, Juniper NetScreen/JUNOS devices and
Multi-Tenant Environments with multiple network carriers. Knowledge
of Routing Protocols (BGP,OSPF). Knowledge of Routing between VRFs
(Virtual Routing and Forwarding).
- Understanding of/experience with Virtualization environments
and tools such as VMWare, vCenter
- Understanding/experience with of Linux
- Understanding/experience with SolarWinds Must be a US Citizen
or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background
investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable
government facility. Education
BS in engineering, computer science, related discipline, or
equivalent. ERT is VEVRAA Federal Contractor & Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. In accordance with Title
VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act, all qualified applicants will be
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Earth Resources Technology, Inc., Washington DC , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , College Park, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!