Posted on: February 25, 2021
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated
Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence.
Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and
effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified
and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small
Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to
transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of
increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions,
particularly in support of National Security missions. Barbaricum
is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company
is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon,
AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and
award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing
global support to current missions across five continents. We are
also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate
culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by
Inc. Magazine. Here at Barbaricum, we are seeking smart,
experienced engineers to help deploy ground breaking technical
solutions to solve our customers' hardest problems. We help our
customers detect insider trading, improve disaster relief, fight
healthcare fraud, and more. Each mission presents different
challenges, from the regulatory environment to the nature of the
data to the user population. FSR Engineers work to accommodate all
aspects of an environment to drive real technical outcomes for our
customers. As an FSR Engineer, you will help develop a solution in
full, from high-level system design and configuration to
application development and data integration. You will leverage
everything around you: core company products, open source
technologies (e.g. GHE), and anything you and your team can build
to drive real impact. In this role, you work with customers around
the globe, where you gain rare insight into the world's most
important industries and institutions.-- Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for our core company platform, which
provides the foundation for our projects, as well as custom
applications built on top of our core company platform.
- Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Spark for distributed
data storage and parallel computing.
- Java and Groovy for our back-end applications and data
- Python for data processing and analysis.
- Commercial standard cloud infrastructures such as AWS or
- CentOS/Red Hat Linux as the basis for all our on premise
- (As required by U.S. Government contract) Varied clearance
levels (e.g., SECRET, TS, TS/SCI with CIP, TS/SCI with FSP).
- Strong engineering background, preferably in fields such as
Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud
infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools, as
well as an understanding of how technical decisions impact the user
of what you're building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment
with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently,
and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed (including
overseas) per the needs of the business Additional Information For
more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at--
www.barbaricum.com . We will contact candidates directly to
schedule interviews. No phone calls please.
Keywords: Barbaricum, Washington DC , Application Engineer, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!