Footwear Product Engineer - Footwear R & D
Company: Roman Health Pharmacy LLC
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do
meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share
a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That's
it. No distractions-it's all about the run. Through science,
creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over
delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way,
with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to
runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We
are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought
at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and
trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive
impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all
we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and
more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together
and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a
behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values:
Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team,
Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you're on
our team, it means you're part of creating something extraordinary.
You're part of Brooks. Your Job As a Brooks Product Engineer,
R&D, you will focus on product technical expertise leading to
best in class footwear craftsmanship. You will drive best practices
and technical standards around Brooks footwear creation. You will
provide product input, and education to team members to enable
product deliverables that are manufacturable, cost effective and
meet performance/ quality expectations of the consumer. This role
will support the training content to inspire and empower our global
footwear creation teams across the globe. In this role, you will
utilize programs that continuously develop and grow the creation
teams' technical, operational, service and product knowledge
necessary for success in driving "The Brooks Way" and creating the
best running product in the world. Responsibilities:
- Display an in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process with
the ability to manipulate the process in order to advance and
achieve manufacturing techniques to enhance the overall performance
- Partner with development teams to ensure materials fit and
function meet Brooks requirements.
- Actively contribute to seasonal projects and process through
direct interaction with the footwear 'Triad' team members during
predevelopment, concepts, development and commercialization phases
to make recommendations and provide problem solving solutions
throughout the creation process.
- Review wear test shoes with product development and product
assessment teams and offer support on fit, feel, ride comments and
solutions as needed.
- Act as the evangelist for Brooks Fit, Feel, Ride
- Ensure technical best practices for manufacturing processes and
document these standards to ensure consistent guidelines during the
footwear creation process.
- Assist with teaching through a variety of delivery methods
including classroom instruction, virtual and online training, on
the job coaching and hands on, learn by doing, practices in the
creation centers to deliver on Fit, Feel, and Ride goals.
- Contribute to the establishment of standard methodologies
around templates, BP and process and participate in the approval
process for all tooling. Directly interact with Asia-based Tooling
Engineers, ensuring collaboration through initial BP to confirm to
- Fluent in upper pattern creation, including creation of last
drafts, pattern shells and process to develop uppers. Partner with
Asia Pattern Engineer to build upon established tools.
- Practice unorthodox or atypical ways of solving problems in
order to conceive innovative, leading-edge concepts/ideas.
- Serve as a consultant to all footwear teams to make early
recommendations on product construction techniques &
- Own maintenance of rapid prototype (RP) printer - including but
not limited to repair & maintenance support, purchase of ink and
ensuring bottom units are printed on time.
- International and domestic travel as required to achieve a high
level of training content and aptitude. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or equivalent/experience
- 5+ years of Footwear Creation, Development, Commercialization
or Manufacturing experience.
- Strong Project Management skills with a keen attention to
detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks (self and
through others), while still seeing the big picture and
understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an
advanced ability to communicate new ideas, complex concepts and
functional expertise in a learning environment.
- Demonstrate ability to develop relationships with individuals
and teams that are made up of diverse disciplines and cultural
backgrounds resulting in effective working relationships across the
- Curious and open-minded; always open for a challenge,
inventive, creative. Ability to challenge the status quo - always
looking at improving our products and processes while also
displaying a willingness to dive into the details.
- Passionate participation in Brooks' sports activities a plus,
overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the
runner in order to develop loyal engaging relationships with our
customers, partners and the Brooks' community.
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks' corporate values: Connect
with People, Innovate for the Customer, Compete as a Team, Build
Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, Be Active.
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS
- A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle.
- Global travel 25% of the time. At Brooks, we celebrate
diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive
environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives,
experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal
employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, military status, marital status,
pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic
information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual
assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit
Keywords: Roman Health Pharmacy LLC, Washington DC , Footwear Product Engineer - Footwear R & D, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!