Back End Engineer (remote)
Company: Ad Hoc, LLC
Posted on: October 18, 2020
This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM
EST on December 2, 2020.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal
government better serve people. Our team of experts from across
commercial industry and government brings the modern skills
necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital
services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their
users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and
* As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be
required to complete additional background screenings at the time
of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
* Our technical screening involves completing our homework
assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in
our process. You can read more about our homework here.
What You\'ll Do
* Use Node.js, Ruby, Go or other programming languages to build
scalable back-end services that gracefully integrate with legacy
* Build APIs that support both the digital services we deliver as
well as third-party usage
* Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business
* Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You\'ll Bring
* 1 - 2+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web
applications, services, and APIs Programming in a major open source
* Understanding of the fundamental technologies of the web: HTTP,
* Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
* Strong node.js experience
* Experience and understanding of one or more different agile
methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and
* Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Use What You Need Vacation Policy
* 401K with employer match
* Paid parental leave after one year of service
* Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age,
pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status,
political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the
law protects from employment discrimination.
Keywords: Ad Hoc, LLC, Washington DC , Back End Engineer (remote), Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!