Cybersecurity Applications Vulnerability Scanning Engineer
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Description Job Description: Leidos Corporate Group is looking
for a Cybersecurity Applications Vulnerability Scanning Engineer to
join our Cyber Operations team. Ideally, we'd like this role to be
supported from Gaithersburg - MD, but we will also consider 100%
telecommute for the right candidate.General Responsibilities:
- Identify gaps or vulnerabilities in computer applications
across the company, which includes managing and modifying
applications security scan profile as per the baseline
- Perform security analysis of the different layers of the
systems (application database layers) by performing manual testing
and automated system vulnerability assessment scans using various
web, application, operating systems and database vulnerability
- Perform vulnerability assessments and applications security
testing on both native and web based mobile applications on
different mobile platforms.
- Review the systems security architecture and create security
test plans based on existing and planned controls and
- Review scanner reports and work with the application
development community to remediate issues following a risk based
- Work with application development teams to resolve
vulnerabilities, including recommending and monitoring remediation
- Continuously monitor the published vulnerabilities for various
application, operating systems, and database layer. Based on the
publicly disclosed vulnerabilities determine the patching priority
and notify the stakeholders. Review the applied patch by scanning
the disclosed vulnerabilities.
- Engineer solutions; perform dynamic and static security testing
as part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).Required
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience in
cybersecurity, including experience in vulnerability management.
Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu
of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with reviewing cybersecurity vulnerabilities for
risk and relevance as well as in vulnerability mitigations
- Experience with application scanning tools (AppSpider,
WebInspect, Burp Suite, AppScan, Arachni, etc)
- Experience in planning mitigations for systems
- Able to architect, design, troubleshoot, and deploy
vulnerability scanning solutions.
- Strong, in-depth understanding of various versions of Microsoft
Windows and Linux/UNIX operating systems.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- US citizenship is required and must be able to obtain federal
- Strong communication skills; able to successfully communicate
with management personnel, technical personnel and third
- Application development background preferred.
- Prior team-lead experience.CyberCIS External Referral Bonus:
Eligible Potential for Telework: Yes Clearance Level Required: None
Travel: No Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition
Category: Professional Job Family: Cyber SecurityLeidos is a
Fortune 500-- information technology, engineering, and science
solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest
challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil,
and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital
missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in
Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately
$10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For
more information, visit .Pay and benefits are fundamental to any
career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that
reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers.
Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and
Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
More details are available here .Leidos will never ask you to
provide payment-related information at any part of the employment
application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only
through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If
you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for
payment-related information or any other personal information,
please report the email to .All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, race,
ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information,
pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic
partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Keywords: Leidos, Washington DC , Cybersecurity Applications Vulnerability Scanning Engineer, Engineering , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!