Senior traction power engineer
Company: Mott MacDonald
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Mott MacDonald Electrical Group is on track to becoming one of
the nation s leading electrical engineering consultancy groups. The
variety of markets that we work in will always keep the brightest
high achievers interested. We design electrical projects from large
road/rail tunnels to water treatment plants, and more.
The electrical engineering group is in a growth phase at present
which provides excellent opportunities and designs are always
completed to the highest ethical standards and include high levels
of sustainable design.
The electrical group is a handpicked gathering of electrical
engineers with a deep and diversified mix of electrical skills. We
have been gathered to provide the best designs and advice for our
clients in infrastructure and the built environment.
Our Westwood, MA office is seeking an electrical engineer.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* 15+ years experience in electrical design
* Responding to government and local municipal RFP relating to
electrical engineering services
* Making presentations relating to RFP responses Developing
electrical scopes and fees related to governmental electrical
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to
write engineering reports and specifications
* Have the ability to make formal and informal presentations to
customers and potential customers
* Design experience in both underground and overhead low voltage
and medium voltage distribution.
* Electrical analysis experience in performing electrical load
flow, breaker coordination, short circuit, and arc flash
calculations using SKM Power Tools Design experience related to
emergency generator sizing and load calculations.
* Design experience using intelligent motor control centers
* Experience in performing electrical load studies and field
investigations to obtain required electrical data.
* Be able to evaluate the condition of electrical equipment in the
field and make recommendations to customers related to required
* Have a thorough understanding of NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E
* Have experience in in the use of IESNA standards associated with
* Have experience in both interior and exterior lighting.
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from four-year
college or university or equivalent required.
* Professional Engineering (PE) License required.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development
consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our
kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180
principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings,
communications, defense, education, environment, health,
international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power,
transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish
version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual
orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Keywords: Mott MacDonald, Washington DC , Senior traction power engineer, Engineering , Arlington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!