Senior Requirements Engineer
Company: Noblis ESI
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology
Directorate (S&T) monitors threats to our nation and
capitalizes on technological advancements at a rapid pace,
developing solutions and bridging capability gaps at a pace that
mirrors the speed of life. S&Tu2019s mission is to deliver and
transition effective and innovative solutions, methods and insight
to meet the critical needs of the Homeland Security Enterprise.
S&T oversees basic and applied research, development,
demonstration, testing and evaluation activities for DHS.
S&T delivers critical capabilities and knowledge products to
DHS components (FEMA, Coast Guard, Transportation Security
Authority, Customs and Border Protection, Countering Weapons of
Mass Destruction (CWMD), and many others) as well as the broader
homeland security enterprise.
This role provides engineering support in the DHS Science and
Technology Directorate, as part of a multidisciplinary team of
high-performance professionals tackling the client's most vexing
technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to
meet the next homeland security threats. The role will support
engagement of industry for long range planning and development as
well as support prize challenges to spur innovative research and
The responsibilities for this role may include but are not limited
* Supervising systems engineering technical efforts and performing
typical associated tasks that include, but are not limited to,
requirements analysis, cost analysis, cost performance trade-off
analysis, feasibility analysis, regulatory compliance support,
technology conceptual designs, and special studies and
* Researching and documenting government best practices for
administering systems across the S&T organization to support
the use of such systems as well as developing relevant training
* Interfacing with the users assigned to Reviewer and Scientific
Review Officer (SRO) roles to communicate due dates, delinquencies
and provide support for completion of tasks in a portal,
* Recommending and advising on system deployment and
administration, to include improvements and optimization, through
review of materials and discussion with the relevant Program
* Supporting execution of the prize challenges by researching and
documenting government best practices for conducting challenges and
conducting crowdsourcing activities and engaging across the S&T
organization to support the use of prize challenges,
* Identifying and recommending potential metrics to track in order
to demonstrate program trends and status,
* Assisting with preparation, routing and archiving of procurement
requisition documents as well as all program and technical related
documentation for performers and projects,
* Maintaining organized and logical files for all necessary program
documentation, including electronic and hard copy,
* Monitoring performance against technical goals,
* Performing data verification and validation,
* Performing quality assurance,
* Assessing the efficacy, safety, lifecycle costs of proposed or
* Developing technical and programmatic status reports, PowerPoint
briefings, and read-ahead materials,
* Drafting budget write-ups,
* Organizing/coordinating/attending meetings, discussions, and
* Communicating findings to technical and non-technical audiences
u2022 Begin developing relationships one level up and two levels
down. Identify and support opportunities to expand project scope
beyond current deliverable and actively share information about
clientsu2019 emerging support needs and trends with team members
and management. Participate on proposals
* B.S. and must have at least 10 years of experience in technical
work, in the major area of full life-cycle system engineering
involving concept development and requirements analysis
* TOP SECRET clearance and DHS Suitability required to start (must
be eligible for both to apply)
* Must have at least 5 years of hands-on experience in direct
execution of major acquisition efforts involving concept
* Experience providing direct or consultant scientific support to
major programs or system development efforts, preferably supporting
* Experience developing and reviewing engineering plans and systems
engineering lifecycle reviews.
* Experience developing and executing data analysis plans,
including statistical evaluation of results.
* Experience developing research and development and acquisition
life cycle requirements and documentation.
* Project Management Professional certification, Agile
ScrumMaster/Project Owner certification, or demonstrated experience
in program management.
* Evidence of engineering skills particular to portfolio
management, to include (some or all of) analyses of alternatives,
costs, human factors, intellectual property, requirements, risks,
and test methodologies
* DAWIA certification (especially Engineering, Test and Evaluation,
and/or Science/Technology Manager).
* Experience providing consistent and clear communication with
program managers and leadership.
* Experience providing strategic scientific guidance, such as
technology roadmaps, feasibility analysis, and market research
regarding the boundaries of state-of-art technology.
* Experience supporting technology transition from research and
development to operational use.
* Experience supporting DHS components (e.g., TSA, CBP, FPS, NPPD,
DNDO/CWMD, USCG, ICE) and stimulating innovation through
* Demonstrated strong technical writing skills, targeting both
technical and non-technical audiences.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint, Excel,
* Candidates with an active Secret/Top Secret/TS SCI clearance and
DHS Suitability are strongly preferred.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving
difficult problems that help our government and our country. We
bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering
expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We
support a wide range of government and industry clients in the
areas of national security, intelligence, transportation,
healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise
engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company*
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the
other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our
greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable,
team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work
that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards including as a Washington
Post "Top Workplace" in the Washington D.C. area, for 2019, 2018,
2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace
and is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Noblis ESI, Washington DC , Senior Requirements Engineer, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!