FSI - Turkmen Language Instructor 2
Company: Salient CRGT
Posted on: July 14, 2018
Job DescriptionIn this role, you will plan and/or conduct group language classes using a wide variety of language teaching methodologies and techniques, stressing speaking, listening comprehension, and reading skills. Use established training materials and work collaboratively and closely with other instructors, under the direct guidance of the COR, ACOR, or GTM, who is usually the Language Training Supervisor (LTS), on training and/or testing matters. In collaboration with the COR, ACOR, or GTM (Government Technical Monitor) and others, adapt teaching techniques and approaches to the students' individual learning styles and needs.Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching adult learners the foreign language he/she will be providing to FSI in a classroom setting (2 or more students).
- BA/BS, MA/MS, or Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree(s) in any field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching foreign language with proficiency-based or task-based curricula.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience administering proficiency-based assessments (i.e., DLPT, ACTFL OPI, etc.).
- A minimum English proficiency level of a 2:2 on the ILR proficiency scale.Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- BS/BA or MS/MA or foreign equivalent degree in relevant language education field preferred.
- Experience developing foreign language instructional materials and/or curricula preferred.
- Experience teaching with the communicative approach preferred.
- Experience incorporating a variety of educational technology in teaching preferred.
- Experience teaching blending learning activities valued.
- Experience integrating social media applications for educational purposes valued.
- Experience administering proficiency-based assessments valued.
- Experience teaching with vocabulary-based language learning materials valued.
- Experience delivering training targeted to needs of diplomatic community valued. Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training—to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies. If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the Apply button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit: www.salientcrgt.com/careers to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws. Company DescriptionSalient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. Headquartered in Fairfax, VA, Salient CRGT has 22 offices, plus personnel in more than 270 locations across the United States and overseas. Our 2,400 employees support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training, helping our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies. Salient CRGT offers excellent benefits, including 15 days PTO, 10 holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short and Long-Term disability are also offered.
Keywords: Salient CRGT, Washington DC, FSI - Turkmen Language Instructor 2, Education / Teaching, Arlington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!