Instructor, Professional Programs
Company: Kaplan North America, LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Title Instructor, Professional ProgramsJob
DescriptionInstructors are responsible for all aspects of CFP
education course delivery. The instructor will serve as subject
matter experts and student advocates while delivering exceptional
classroom experiences to Kaplan students. Kaplan provides the
instructor with excellent educational content; the instructor is
responsible for delivering that content in a compelling and
effective manner. Our goal is have our students pass the CFP exam
the first time and to become better financial planners.
- Demonstrates excellent teaching skills and ability to engage
students in the classroom.
- Creates an outstanding learning environment for each
- Keeps class on task.
- Serves as an industry expert while keeping the focus on the
education content through preparation and study of the Kaplan
- Addresses student questions throughout classes and in follow-up
- Runs class time schedule in accordance with course
- Adheres to specific requirements as dictated including but not
limited to attendance, time schedule, and student concerns.
- Maintains regular communication with product line management to
stay informed of scheduling, curriculum updates, and classroom
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree
- 5+ Years' experience in financial planning, specifically client
- Must be a Certified Financial Planner. Kaplan may consider CPA
or JD for CFP education course in tax or estate planning.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Must be able to utilize above information systems
- Outstanding teaching skills. The ability to manage a classroom
while presenting complex financial concepts. The demonstrated
ability to create an interactive learning environment.
- Instructors must be personable, sincere and approachable.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to travel by various means of transportation including;
car, plane and train.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, typically but
not limited to up to 8 hours with infrequent breaks.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human
Locations Employee TypeEmployeeJob Functional Area
InstructorsBusiness UnitBU00117 College for Financial
PlanningKaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions with
Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or$31,200 per year for
full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based
on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among
other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or
commission eligible. Information regarding benefits can be found
here.Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity inspires innovation and growth in the Kaplan community.
Kaplan strives to be a model employer for inclusiveness. Not only
does Kaplan value its employees for their professionalism and
skills, but also for the unique viewpoints they bring to the
Organization. Kaplan's employees bring diverse perspectives, ideas,
and backgrounds that give Kaplan a competitive edge in anticipating
and exceeding our students' needs in today's global market. Learn
more about our culture.
Keywords: Kaplan North America, LLC, Washington DC , Instructor, Professional Programs, Education / Teaching , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!