Security Engineering TSCM Instructor III - 5087
Posted on: August 7, 2022
OBXtek is currently staffing for a Security Engineering TSCM
Instructor to serve as a training instructor for the Technical
Security Countermeasures (TSCM) program in the Diplomatic Security
Training Center (DSTC). The incumbent works independently and
requires infrequent supervision. Major Duties:
- Plans, prepares, and presents TSCM training
- Provides recommendations and technical interpretations that may
affect the design and delivery of training.
- Prepares classroom environment pre/post instruction according
to established procedures.
- Assists other instructors in classroom preparation,
instruction, and audio/visual support.
- Provides research services and information to program office
personnel on national and international developments in the TSCM
- Adheres to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitors the depletion rate of supplies, materials and
equipment; notifies appropriate staff on low inventory or damaged
equipment as required.
- Participates with other agencies/working groups to enhance
training as required.
- Employs applicable Department of State and Interagency Training
Center security standards and procedures to protect national
- Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the
performance of assigned tasks.
- Travels to U.S. and foreign training sites as required.
- Requires infrequent supervision and is expected to work
independently according to established policies and accepted
practice. Qualifications:Active Top-Secret Clearance with SCI
eligibility. Professional Qualifications/Skills:
- Experience employing information security practices to
establish and maintain system integrity for safeguarding classified
information in secure and non-secure environments.
- Two (2) years as a level II instructor preferred.
- Certified instructor or ability to become a certified
instructor within six months of assignment.
- Technical knowledge of hostile intelligence services (HIS) and
their methods of operation.
- Familiarity with intrusion detection, access control, and CCTV
- Familiarity with telephony systems to include PSTN, PBS
installation and maintenance, and VOIP.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (SharePoint, MS
Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to stand/walk/bend for long periods and lift medium to
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be willing and able to
drive an official U.S. government van/sedan.
- Combination of college level education and experience that is
equivalent to ten or more (10+) years' experience in the following
TSCM disciplines: RF/signal, telephony, network analysis and
electronics intelligence. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and
founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government
contracting field. Our mission is Our People---Our Reputation. Our
people are trained professionals who enhance our customers'
knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and
education. We offer a robust suite of benefits including
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending
Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans
and much more. As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work,
OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry
standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL,
6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by
INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology
magazine. OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state
or local law.
Keywords: OBXtek, Washington DC , Security Engineering TSCM Instructor III - 5087, Education / Teaching , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!