Community Peer Recovery Coach, Full Time, Emergency Services
Company: Adventist HealthCare
Location: Fort Washington
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Fort Washington Medical Center
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click
this link to apply through your Workday account.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an experienced Community Peer
Recovery Coach who will embrace our mission to extend God's care
through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As the Community Peer Recovery Coach, you will:
* Conduct street outreach to locate and engage with referred OSOP
patients from hospital emergency departments.
* Conduct screenings to understand the patient's history of drug
and/or alcohol use, treatment history, social service and other
recovery support needs and motivation to change behavior.
* Facilitate patient's readiness for change and uses motivational
interviewing techniques and other communication skills to support
and encourage the patient to plan for reduction or elimination of
drug and alcohol use.
* Assist patients in setting personal recovery goals.
* Work with healthcare team and patient to identify community
supports and treatment services to promote recovery.
* Support patients and families to understand how to access
* Assist patients in linking to community supports and treatment
services, including helping secure transportation and other
* Act as a peer support after patient is discharged from the
hospital. This involves face-to-face and phone engagement with
patients in various community settings.
* Provide family members with recovery support materials.
* Provide education on risks of overdose and assures that patient
and significant others have naloxone and are trained to use.
* Complete required reports and other necessary documentation
* High school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
* The candidate must be actively engaged in his/her own recovery
with a minimum of four years demonstrated personal recovery
experience from alcohol and/or drug use.
* Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
* Able to read, interpret documents and write routine reports.
* Basic computer skills are required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to relate to patients
and health professionals, as well as good problem-solving
* Must be able to demonstrate patience and tact when dealing with
patients, families, and other staff, to integrate Continuous
Quality Improvement principles for service and organization work
* Ability to work with people of all social, economic, and cultural
backgrounds; be flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change. to
develop collaborative relationships with physicians, families,
patients, interdisciplinary team and other community agencies.
* Demonstrate a willingness to learn and an interest in acquiring
* Demonstrate competencies for position within the first 90 days of
* Satisfactorily meet requirements of position during periodic and
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by
* Work life balance through non rotating shifts
* Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
* Free Employee parking
* Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including
health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and
3 year vesting)
* 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare
* 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for
the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has
earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist
HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day,
consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just
that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today!
To apply please email your resume to
Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be
required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect
to be vaccinated at an designated Adventist HealthCare
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the
United States and an important public health issue. In order to
promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist
HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state
that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of
marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be
classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled
Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be
accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to
applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana.
Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90
days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any
nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully
pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing
the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal
is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow
for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for
applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under
applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable
accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or
religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.
Keywords: Adventist HealthCare, Washington DC , Community Peer Recovery Coach, Full Time, Emergency Services, Education / Teaching , Fort Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!