Teacher- Early Childhood (Falls Church, VA)
Company: Easter Seals Serving DCIMDIVA
Location: Falls Church
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Teacher is responsible for overall daily
classroom operations. Lead Teachers are to provide a safe and
nurturing environment that supports the social, emotional,
intellectual and physical development of children ages 6 weeks to 5
years of age.They are responsible for the implementation of
developmentally appropriate lesson plans that are aligned with
Creative Curriculum and national and state standards. Essential
Functions: Supervision, Health and Safety
- Maintain a clean, safe, organized and appealing classroom
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures and policies as
outlined by regulatory bodies, to include but not limited to,
Easter Seals, state/local agencies and accreditation
- Encourage all children and adults to use appropriate health,
safety and nutritional practices.
- Keep children within the required sight and sound supervision
guidelines as indicated by regulatory bodies.
- Be aware of the number of children in your care and maintain
staff/child ratios at all times.
- Set developmentally appropriate limits for children in
accordance with positive guidance standardsStaff/Child Interactions
- Interact with children frequently, with care and respect at all
- Speak to children at their level, giving them your full
- Be available and respond promptly and appropriately to
- Model and encourage developmentally appropriate social behavior
- Engage in frequent conversations with children and seek
opportunities to expand on their learning.Professionalism and
- Ensure continuity of care by reporting to work on time and
maintaining consistent attendance.
- Attend all mandatory meetings, trainings, professional
development days and other location events as instructed.
- Assume a fair share of responsibility in the classroom and
demonstrate initiative to support meeting the needs of the
children, teaching team and classroom.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues
through professional and respectful communication and
- Protect confidential information of staff and families and
treat necessary communications related to such information with
- Follow the open door/conflict resolution procedures as outlined
in the Employee Handbook when addressing concerns.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Easter
Seals Employee Handbook.Decision Making Authority
- Make routine decisions regarding classroom management.
- Create and implement lesson plans in accordance with Creative
- Track and assess children's development using Teaching
- Communicate with parents regarding children's progress using
Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Schedule and manage the parent teacher conference process in
accordance with center guidelines.
- Communicate with a Supervisor regarding concerns about a
child's behavior or developmental process in advance of
communication with parents.Job QualificationsEducation
- Must meet state/local licensing requirements for
- Must have related college-level coursework or CDA or higher
- Requirements may vary based on location.Experience
- A minimum of 1 year of professional teaching experience
- Has the ability to work in all age groups served by the center.
- Must satisfactorily complete a physical examination by a doctor
to include submission of information regarding
- Frequently lift, hold and carry children with a range of weight
of 10-40 pounds. Occasionally lift and move classroom furniture. In
addition, frequently bend, sit (close to the ground) and stand for
periods at a time.
- Maintain mental and physical alertness and appropriate level of
energy to perform essential job requirements.
- Respond immediately and appropriately to multiple and/or
unexpected situations or emergencies.Easterseals policy is to
provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants
and employees regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, veteran status,
status as a special disabled veteran, or any other protected
criteria as established by federal, state, or local laws.
Employment decisions at Easterseals are based solely upon relevant
criteria, including an individual's capabilities, qualifications,
training, experience and suitability. Easterseals requires all
employees to follow its COVID policies and requirementsPowered by
Keywords: Easter Seals Serving DCIMDIVA, Washington DC , Teacher- Early Childhood (Falls Church, VA), Education / Teaching , Falls Church, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!