Director of Strategic Digital Communications and Media
Company: West Virgnia Society of Association Executives
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The American Association for Justice (AAJ -) is seeking a
Director of Strategic Digital Communications and Media for its
Communications department. AAJ works to preserve the constitutional
right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a fair chance
to seek justice when they are injured by the negligence or
misconduct of others-even when it means taking on the most powerful
corporations. The Director of Strategic Digital Communications and
Media oversees all legislative, regulatory, and public education
communications for the organization. The position will ensure that
all media and digital communications are effectively integrated
with federal legislative and regulatory campaigns and build on the
organization's strategic priorities. The position will work closely
with organization leaders, coalition partners, state affiliates,
and drive all media and digital collaboration on issues relating to
the organization's mission. Essential job duties include the
- Direct and execute strategic communication plans relating to
public affairs campaigns.
- Oversee development of member engagement and online advocacy
campaigns working with cross-departmental teams when needed and
lead the analysis and reporting of such campaigns to organization
- Manage the day-to-day activities and performance of the
- Develop and manage paid media including digital and other
- Create and implement digital media engagement plan.
- Direct national earned media plan.
- Develop strong relations with press and journalists to enhance
the organization's mission through placement of op-eds and other
- Work closely with AAJ staff to build and utilize client stories
to enforce the important work done by trial lawyers.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Government Affairs and
all communications staff to develop and implement daily press plans
and provide rapid response to attacks.
- Participate in regular strategy sessions with senior staff and
- Direct and manage the department's budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Communications or related field.
- Must have at least 7-10 years communication experience,
preferably in a membership association or non-profit.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years Capitol Hill media and
- Experience with building and implementing strategic digital
media and communications plans.
- Experience working with coalition partners.
- Proven track record of successfully managing staff.
- Excellent writing skills and extensive experience creating
digital content, press materials and message documents.
- Commitment to issues important to AAJ and its members.
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and online grassroots
organizing tools (preferred).
- Self-starter with a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced
- Interest in working collaboratively with a team to promote and
strengthen civil justice. WHAT AAJ PROVIDES: --- A hybrid schedule
(three common days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) and
two days remote. --- Competitive salary and benefits including:
paid time off (e.g., vacation, sick, personal, family leave) --- 11
federal holidays and paid time off between Christmas and New Years
--- 401K employer match --- Subsidized healthcare plans for you and
your dependents --- Dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
options are available --- Flexible Spending Accounts, pre-tax
parking/transit deductions and metro transit subsidy --- Company
social events--- Tuition assistance --- Fitness reimbursement ---
100% remote for the month of August and the ability to work
remotely for up to four weeks per calendar year (for most
employees). --- Offices conveniently located - block from Gallery
Place/Chinatown in downtown Washington, DC. AAJ is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please! Click to apply!
Keywords: West Virgnia Society of Association Executives, Washington DC , Director of Strategic Digital Communications and Media, Advertising , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!