Posted on: January 27, 2023
Taoti Creative is hiring a Marketing Analyst
We're looking for a Marketing Analyst to dig deep into data to
unearth meaningful insights and provide actionable recommendations
for our clients. You'll work across teams to analyze data that will
shape our approach to web builds, content strategy, paid ad
campaigns, and more. We're looking for an inquisitive person who
loves looking at the numbers to discern what's happening, why it's
happening, and how we can optimize our efforts to meet our clients'
What you'll do
- Marketing & Web Analysis: Use our stack of analytics tools (see
below) and data from discovery activities-interviews, surveys,
etc.-to build insights and recommendations that enhance website
performance, user experience, SEO, content strategy, marketing
campaigns, and more.
- Collaborate with strategists, project managers, developers, and
client teams to develop, communicate, and implement recommendations
based on your analysis.
- Create dashboards and reports that outline the client's site
performance and opportunities for improvement, as well as other key
performance metrics and insights.
- Develop & execute paid media campaigns aligned with marketing
goals & objectives, audience targeting, and best practices. Analyze
and report on campaign metrics and outcomes.
- Research and follow industry changes and trends to keep Taoti
current on the latest best practices in ROI measurement, conversion
tracking, and other critical tools for optimizing campaigns and
Experience and Requirements
- 2-3 years experience (at minimum) focused on digital marketing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in marketing, data
science, analytics, or another relevant field.
- Ability to identify strong insights from analytics and turn
them into actionable recommendations.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics,
preferably both UA and GA4.
- Knowledge of SEO principles and best practices.
- Understanding of the marketing funnel and key metrics that
align to each stage of the funnel.
- Experience working with social media data to inform paid and
- Experience creating and interpreting data visualizations.
- Understanding of basic applied statistics.
- Knowledge of major digital marketing industry shifts, such as
increased privacy protection and reduced reliability of third-party
cookies, as well as strategies for addressing these shifts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience creating complex, custom analytics implementations
- Paid media planning, buying and campaign execution
- Deep knowledge of technical SEO best practices
Analytics tools you'll use:
Web Analytics Implementation + Reporting
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics (Universal Analytics and GA4)
- Drupal and WordPress (most of our clients use one of these as
- Google Data Studio
Campaign Analytics + Reporting
- Google Ads
- Social media native platform analytics for paid and organic
- Sendible, Sprout, and other social media management tools
- MailChimp and other email clients
- Meltwater and other social listening tools
UX + SEO Research and Strategy
- Screaming Frog
- Google Search Console
This is a full-time, W2, "in-house" role based out of our
Washington, DC office. A note about what it means to be "in-house"
here: We only recently started coming back to the office, so our
policies and expectations are still evolving. That said, the rule
of thumb is that most employees in the DC area should be in the
office at least half time. Certain roles (such as managers or
people involved in projects that require more on-site meetings) may
be more, and that may change from time to time. Ultimately, our
goal is to embrace a hybrid office culture that balances the needs
of the agency with the needs of employees.
What's the corporate culture like?
"Fun but focused," as one Taoti put it, is a great way to sum up
our culture. We're a fun and casual shop. The kind of place where
you can wear whatever, come and go as you please, and have autonomy
over your own day for the most part. But we take the work seriously
and believe deep in the mission to make meaningful and measurable
impacts for our clients. All the perks and shenanigans and
borderline irreverent tone are fun, but to really fit in here, you
need to be about the work.
We believe in something we call our "QIST Culture." Quality.
Innovation. Service. And Teamwork. We are always striving to
improve these four areas (to the extent that we have a fund of a
quarter million dollars per year that anyone can spend from in the
interest of going above and beyond towards any of these four
We also believe in total transparency and open communication across
teams and across ranks. Instead of chain-of-command, we want
everyone to have and share their own voice. Every other Thursday,
the CEO holds 'CafeClutch' just so he can hear ideas and feedback
directly from the team instead of through the filter of
Want to see what life at Taoti looks like? Check out our Instagram
or 'about us' video. There's even a 360 tour of the office.
What about benefits?
- 3 weeks PTO for starters. You gain more with tenure. And if
you're really big in to PTO, you can even trade back some salary
- A hybrid work environment with roughly half time in office,
half time remote.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. (50%
for qualifying dependents.) And we have good insurance.
- Paid family leave for men and women (including PTO plus short
and long term disability options.)
- 3% retirement plan matching (plus access to a financial
- Home buyer help (including a $1200 closing credit)
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- You can opt for a company-supplied PC or Mac laptop. Or if you
want to use your own, we'll reimburse you for it.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Tax-free metro benefits
- A sincere respect for work/life balance
- Money and time off allocated for professional development (also
increases with tenure)
- A diverse team hailing from over 15 countries last time we
- A very hip/cool/funky/quirky office space on Barracks Row, in
the heart of Capitol Hill. Just 2 blocks from the metro!
- Annual global retreat (where we bring the whole team together
for fun, games, and teamwork)
- See the handbook for all the gory details.
A bit more about Taoti...
Established in 1996, Taoti Creative is a boutique, full-service
creative agency located on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. We are
privately owned and have no corporate overloads (nothing personal,
WPP.) We do stuff like web development, social media management,
branding, experiential marketing, video, AR/VR, etc. Our mission is
to 'move the needle' for our clients. We leverage technology,
creativity, and innovation to generate meaningful and measurable
results for our clients-that's what drives us. Speaking of clients,
they're about 60% non-profits, 20% commercial, and 20% federal
government. Some of our customers include World Bank, USAID, DC
Water, Discovery Education, American Chemical Society, Jane Goodall
Foundation, and dozens of 'National Association of _________,' etc.
Our full-time team of about 50 employees is about 65% in-house and
35% remote. We hail from over 15 countries. And for the last four
years in a row, we've made the Inc5000 list of fastest-growing
companies in the United States. There's of course plenty of
additional information on our website. If you've not done so
already, be sure to check out our culture video:
https://vimeo.com/289302105. Or if you're feeling virtual, here's
guided tour of the office in 360 video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KkzdmSGTM (Warning: not suitable
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Great ideas happen when diverse perspectives come together. Those
perspectives are Taoti's secret sauce. So building a diverse team
and culture where everyone has a voice and is included in the
process is not just the right thing to do. It's good for business.
We'd love your own perspective to add to our mix! We're eager for
new, diverse voices to join the team and sincerely hope people from
every walk of life will apply!
If you're qualified and interested, please apply on our website
(www.taoti.com/careers.) Please note that these job ads often get
placed onto other websites with their own application systems
(we're looking at you Jooble!) And some sites (looking at you
Indeed!) have made up random salary ranges (Indeed!) So please be
sure you're applying on our website.
Pretty please, no recruiters.
Keywords: Taoti, Washington DC , Marketing Analyst, Advertising , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!