Director, Digital Marketing
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Digital Marketing Director is a critical role who will
partner directly with the Sr. Director of Digital Marketing in a
newly created National Marketing Center of Excellence (COE) agile
Digital Team. The COE for Digital Marketing is a nationally focused
team of five that is on pace to grow exponentially in 2022.
Greystar has adopted an effective agile modern process that
increases the speed and flexibility of marketing efforts to
We are looking for an exceptional leader, a head coach and team
player who has a proven track record of building strong marketing
teams consisting of subject-matter experts who align with best
practices in digital strategies, enhanced education while
together best-in-class suppliers who are innovative and will
continue to bolster Greystar property performance and growth.
The qualified candidate should understand the concepts around the
agile model which represents more of a "Hockey" team player mindset
and have a robust understanding of the entire digital ecosystem.
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, develop and
implement digital marketing strategies in accordance with
departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies,
and procedures within an agile marketing environment.
This role will also ensure operational excellence, customer
satisfaction, quality control, and achievement of revenue growth
targets through the successful completion of departmental
initiatives and management of daily internal customer and
- Work directly with the Sr. Director to oversee the strategy and
execution of a unique test and learn agile marketing team.
- Ensure successful creation and implementation of integrated
marketing strategies across digital advertising; Paid search/Paid
social, Display/retargeting, SEO, email marketing and website
- Build and execute testing roadmaps to drive continual
optimizations, new channel growth, creative insights and audience
- Optimize the marketing mix based on performance metrics
identified during testing and create plans to scale strategies
where it makes sense.
- Actively measure performance of all marketing campaigns and
work closely with the Analytics team to develop the digital
narrative and communicate results to the broader team.
- Identify areas of improvement where automation can be
implemented to improve conversion.
- Management of multiple digital agencies and oversight to an
- Manage a team with 2-4 direct reports with oversight to a
larger team of 14.
- Partner with department heads and marketing leaders to gather
information to understand the priorities and needs of the US
property management business and ensures the function is aligned
with their priorities, as well as the Greystar enterprise
- Establish project goals, budgets, timelines, and measures of
success for departmental projects.
- Serves as digital marketing subject matter expert and point of
contact for projects managed by other cross functional teams to
ensure that the department's requirements are communicated and
incorporated into solutions.
- Supports marketing team members in the US by providing counsel,
on-going education, and training, and recommending digital
marketing solutions to business challenges.
- Manages daily departmental operational tasks including
department P&L budgets and completing accounting duties.
- Prepares updates, reports, and budget forecasts to inform key
business leaders of the team's progress on achieving established
goals and priorities
- Maintains an ongoing knowledge of developments in the field of
digital marketing to help the company operate with efficiency and
- Establishes and maintains relationships inside and outside the
industry and with strategic business partners.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and
ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational
standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of
responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with company,
property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by
immediately reporting any employee/visitor/resident injuries or
accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to
improve efficiency and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and
standards within and outside the industry.
- Incumbents work in an office environment or remote with
occasional office visits.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or
business is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience in digital marketing
with deep experience in acquisition tactics driving significant
year over year growth.
- 3 years of managerial or director level experience.
- Channel expertise across paid and organic channels, including
paid social, programmatic display, SEM, video, content, email and
- Well versed in Google Analytics, web tagging and tracking with
a focus on data-driven marketing, expertise in digital marketing
technology and tools.
- Experience with agile marketing models, sprint planning and
execution in a test and learn environment.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and
- High proficiency using Excel, and all other MS Office
applications as well as task management platforms.
- Demonstrated proficiency in complex data analysis, reporting
and data management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills, a strong leader with the ability to thrive in a
collaborative fast-paced environment.
- Candidates should possess diplomacy and good judgment so they
can leverage these skills to communicate persuasively through all
levels of the organization.
- Extreme attention to detail, adaptability, excellent time
management, and dedication to staying organized.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Digital or creative agency experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates Greystar core values in all aspects of work -
strong ethical character and commitment to service.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time
team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in
addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may
participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are
also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits
from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Greystar, Washington DC , Director, Digital Marketing, Advertising , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!