Sports Marketing Manager
Company: BERETTA USA CORP
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPROFILE: The Beretta USA Sports Marketing
Manager is responsible for leading Beretta's approach to build a
truly global portfolio of athletes, ambassadors, influencers, and
sponsored organizations to support the brands growth. This includes
working cross functional to fully understand Beretta brand and
category direction to ensuring BUSA makes the most strategic, high
ROI partnership investments. The focus of this role will be to
ensure our regional Sports Marketing teammates are set up for
success by delivering Global Athlete strategic approach, athlete
marketing / activation best practices as well as new program
creation, ROI / measurement, strong link / management to events
team and regional support.The Sports Marketing Manager will provide
oversight to regional athlete identification, athlete recruitment,
contract negotiations, development of on boarding, servicing
approach, long/short term financial planning and global activation
aligned with GTM calendar. The Manager will work closely with the
Global Marketing, Category and Regions in order to meet and exceed
business objectives/targets as well as drive brand equity.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop Beretta USA Sports Marketing Strategy with focus on
KPIs and ROI
- Utilize the Beretta Shooting team effectively to align with the
GTM Calendar (Campaign Launches & Events)
- Track Beretta Shooting Team Accomplishments
- Track and hold accountable Beretta Shooting Team Social Media
- Post-mortem w/ Beretta Shooting Team – after events to ensure
they have met contract obligations Ex) Wearing Beretta branded
products during event and during podium awards.
- Manage Beretta USA competitive shooting team.
- Manage team's schedules and activations- Competition Schedules,
Product Needs (firearms + Pistols), Shooter Schedules for "Beretta
Service Days" (Competitions, Corporate Events, Shows, hunts,
Product T&E/ focus groups, and production days)
- Build portfolio of athletes, influencers, and sponsored
- Recruit new athletes, ambassadors, influencers, and sports
- Manage partnerships, scope, and event schedules with industry
organizations.ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish global approach to building and activating a
portfolio of athletes
- Develop BUSA holistic approach to athletes – criteria,
identification, activation, servicing, and measurement.
- Responsible to coach regional teams on BUSA's approach to
building and nurturing relationships with athletes and agents to
support our marketing goals and objectives, aligned to the
- Identify activation opportunities that can help drive attract
and conversion rates which results in revenue growth in a specific
category and overall.
- Responsible for helping to execute the Sports Marketing
Strategy as it relates to a specific category.
- Continuously create, enhance, and grow external athlete,
ambassador, influencer relationships in order to find opportunities
- synergies which could help grow the business.
- Develop and deliver strong ROI and measurement tools to
teammates and leadership on performance of the portfolio.
- As a critical member of the sports marketing team, we will look
to this lead to help establish influence, trust across the global
- Provide support to the Marketing Leadership Team in managing
annual (global & regional) budgets in order to achieve financial
- Partner with the Brand Category and Regional Marketing Teams on
an on-going basis to better understand GTM milestones and determine
how Sports Marketing can become more effectively integrated into
the overall IMP process.
- Responsible for developing, training, and supporting regional
Athlete Marketing teammates to improve the team and individual
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Sports Marketing
Athlete Portfolio database.
- Responsible for helping to build one IMP in partnership with
the Brand Category Marketing Team and other cross-functional global
marketing teammates. Based on strategic category specific stories
for campaign, product or calendar moments, help identify athlete
assets that can be leveraged in effective storytelling across
regions, categories, touchpoints and athlete asset utilization and
- Actively participate in cross functional team meetings that are
focused on building the Integrated Category Creative Briefs which
outlines BUSA's detailed consumer journey - activation plans that
can be executed in each Region.
- Assist the Global Marketing Team stay on-time, on-budget, and
on-brand as it pertains to the creative development process which
includes the identification, securing and scheduling of athlete
assets for photo shoots and events.
- Implement standard sports marketing best practices
- Identify areas to streamline processes
- Lead and/or participate in cross functional "ways of working"
sessions to increase cross functional engagement and strengthen
operating model to be nimble, more effective/efficient. This
includes newly created initiatives or programs that regions can
execute.KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Outstanding computer skills with ability to learn new software
- Experience in firearm and hunting industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or Keynote,
Outlook Calendar and Microsoft Teams.
- Team player with initiative, ability to prioritize, multi-task
without sacrifice of attention to detail and thrive in fast-paced
- Strong organizational, project management, communication, and
follow-through skills are required.
- Demonstrate strong technical acumen for troubleshooting and
- Ability to establish relationships at all levels, inclusive of
the executive level, in the global marketing industry.
- Proven professionalism working with high profile clients and
- Task management
- Contract negotiations EDUCATION AND OR EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- MBA preferred but not required.
- 6+ years of relevant Sports Marketing experience in fast-paced,
product-oriented, consumer-driven company.
- Prior experience working for a global company with a strong,
premium brand and a distinct culture.
- Prior experience working with athletes at all levels and
influencers. WORKING CONDITIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is performed in a professional environment.
- Must be able to work independently/Autonomously for extended
periods of time.
- Willing to travel when needed. Travel: Roughly 80% -
Occasional international. All candidates must send a resume and URL
with a portfolio of produced work for consideration. Disclaimer:
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be
construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts,
or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Keywords: BERETTA USA CORP, Washington DC , Sports Marketing Manager, Advertising , Accokeek, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!