Digital Strategy and Marketing Research Associate
Company: Cogent Strategies
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Cogent Strategies, a bipartisan government relations,
communications and digital advocacy firm is seeking to hire a
digital strategy and research associate to support the firm's
collaborative team and diverse client roster. The ideal candidate
must have a passion for communications, politics and/or policy with
experience in digital strategy and execution including advertising,
branding and design. Candidates should possess an understanding of
data-driven strategies, strong research and writing skills,
knowledge of online/social conversation and policy/political
analysis and a creative eye for all-things marketing. A
self-starter and problem solver, sense of humor, entrepreneurial
spirit and attention to detail are also important. Responsibilities
- Crafting and executing digital and brand strategies for Cogent
- Attending client and team meetings.
- Drafting social media and online content, including
cross-channel copy and ideas for accompanying images/media that
will drive conversation and engagement across all social
- Developing content and creative calendars on behalf of clients
and the firm.
- Establishing, through research and quantitative and qualitative
analyses, metrics for success and recommendations for clients
and/or the firm.
- Conducting political/policy research to stay abreast of the
latest policy and political developments.
- Using data and analytics to inform and refine client
- Assisting in digital advertising campaigns on all media
- Provide campaign performance reporting using Google Analytics,
social media analytics, and social media listening tools.
- Helping develop messaging and collateral materials,
infographics, advertising/paid media and social media, and
- Maintaining and updating content on firm and client websites
and social media channels.
- Supporting the firm's business development process.
- Conducting research into industries, organizations and
companies for business development purposes.
- Analyzing the performance of the firm's marketing efforts by
offering regular reporting and recommendations on
- Working with GR and PR teams to produce and edit high quality
materials including advocacy reports, fact sheets and annual
- Proficiency in conducting research to inform strategic
direction for clients and the firm.
- Demonstrated skills to interpret, apply and explain complex
technical information ranging from legislation to polling.
- Ability to analyze traditional media and online conversations.
Experience with media and legislative monitoring tools such as
Meltwater, Cision, Quorum and other legislative tracking tools are
- Experience with tools such as WordPress or similar content
management systems; experience with analytics or publishing tools
such as Tableau, Google Analytics, buffer or Hootsuite.
- Experience with business development and/or marketing for a
business or organization.
- Capacity to design marketing and collateral materials.
- Degree in marketing, communications, data/political science
- One to three years of full-time experience in digital
marketing, branding or advertising (digital experience
- Previous experience with political campaigns, public affairs
and/or Hill experience.
- Professional knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook,
Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative
- Strong research and analytics skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both internal and
- Ability to manage time.
- Adept to manage all aspects of project activities including
reporting, tracking and measurement of project hours.
- Must be available for occasional after-hour/weekend rapid
TO APPLYPlease submit a cover letter and resume
email@example.com with "Digital Strategy and Marketing
Research Associate" in the subject line.Cogent Strategies is an
equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin,
ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Cogent Strategies, Washington DC , Digital Strategy and Marketing Research Associate, Advertising , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!