Reporting Engineer - Financials (Remote)
Company: Kuali, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who are we?
Kuali builds software solutions for higher education. We help our
customers - colleges & universities - focus on providing a
fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative
costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with
users ready to be delighted.
As a company, we are guided by our cultural values:
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Act with accountability
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
- Make mistakes
As Kuali engineers, we learn from and teach each other, we practice
transparency and empathy, and we delight in delivering value to our
We work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our
bones, with a history of institutions working across state lines on
open-source software for more than ten years. Our employees each
work in the environment where they're happiest, from Pennsylvania
to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and
healthy remote work culture, and we travel to meet in person a few
times each year.
Everyone should love their work.
Kuali has been voted a top place to work for 3 years in a row by
the Salt Lake Tribune. We also made Forbes' list of America's Best
Startup Employers for 2020. Not too shabby.
Your product team
You will work closely with product, design, and our customers on
the Kuali Financials product. Customers use our Financials product
to efficiently and effectively manage the complex accounting needs
of higher education.
Who are you?
We're looking for curious, enthusiastic, empathetic engineers to
solve problems, execute on ideas, advocate for the customer, and
contribute to a team culture built on trust and mutual respect. As
a data engineer here, you'll have a significant impact on what we
do and how we do it.
We build and support data pipelines and reporting solutions using
Pentaho Data Integration, Node.js, Sisense and MySQL. We believe
that great developers can always learn new tools. Above any
specific tech stack, we're looking for versatile developers - those
who know when to think big and when to act small, and who are
comfortable in both greenfield and refactoring projects.
We believe the best products are created by teams who represent a
broad range of ideas and perspectives. We value employees with
diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Have 3+ years experience conceptualizing and generating
infrastructure that allows large data sets to be accessed and
- Have hands-on experience with ETL tools and knowledge of BI
- Have experience integrating open source and commercial products
with in-house custom built applications.
- Understand the software development lifecycle and are able to
work alongside development teams. You're excited to collaborate
closely with Product Engineers, Product Managers, and Customer
Success and use real-time feedback to solve problems
- Are ready to help reformulate existing frameworks to improve
and expand current offerings.
We'd be delighted if you bring experience with:
- Shipping Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- One or more of these technologies: Java, Node.js, AWS
- One or more relational databases: MySQL, Oracle or
- Report and dashboard requirements analysis and design
- Front end development with React or Angular
- The Higher Education community
Other things you should know:
- This team is (and has always been) fully remote. You'd be
expected to have a suitable home working environment or
alternative. We try to get together in person as a team or company
2-4 times a year.
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium
coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or
- Space to work on self-driven projects during "hack time"
- Employee resource groups and community events
Keywords: Kuali, Inc., Washington DC , Reporting Engineer - Financials (Remote), Advertising , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!