Senior Marketing Specialist
Company: SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL LLP
Posted on: January 17, 2020
SOM Washington DC is seeking a highly creative, detail-oriented
individual to create compelling marketing materials that support
the business development efforts of our global design practice. The
Senior Marketing Specialist will manage and produce deliverables
that represent the SOM brand and drive new business development.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for design, proven proposal
management experience, and ability to generate engaging and refined
content and collateral within a highly collaborative, fast-paced
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, architecture,
or other related field of study. Masters in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant marketing experience for
architecture, engineering, or other professional service firms,
with a wide knowledge of marketing strategy, business development,
and the architectural/engineering industry.
- Proven and exceptional communication and proposal management
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with multiple
deadlines and stakeholders, executing and prioritizing tasks
efficiently and accurately.
- Strong visual and storytelling ability to develop marketing
collateral and presentations in InDesign and PowerPoint.
- Excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking, time management and
- Comfortable in a fast-paced team environment, working with a
heightened attention to detail and an emphasis on quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a disposition that is positive
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign. Salesforce and OpenAsset
experience is helpful, but not essential.
- Manage the development of architectural and planning
qualifications, proposals and presentations that reflect and
enhance the overall marketing strategy and communication goals for
- Lead substantive writing for proposals and qualifications,
coordinate submissions, and curate highly image-driven portfolios
of the firm's work.
- Participate in interview preparation and strategy.
- Manage business development initiatives and activities, and
strategic research and analysis, including lead tracking in
- Collaborate with Leadership and Marketing and Communications
team to develop strategic communications materials that reflect and
fulfill marketing strategy and communications goals for various
- Coordinate firmwide initiatives and best practices with other
senior marketing staff.
- Represent the firm at pre-proposal meetings, site visits, and
conferences, and relevant industry associations.
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions
(Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work
samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF
attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of
your application in the section where the application asks you for
your Resume or CV.
Keywords: SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL LLP, Washington DC , Senior Marketing Specialist, Advertising , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!