Project Online Developer/Admin
Posted on: February 15, 2019
This project is to mature an existing small federal agency PMO. The PMO maintains and enhances the program and project management methodologies, processes, tools, and reporting for all application development projects. This already established PMO has a strong foundation set-up and is working toward stage of maturity by institutionalizing agile practices, consistent reporting, and practical support to projects. A key element of the PMO is the use of the MS-Project Online tool to enforce standard project health reporting to governance bodies and to the executives. The Project Online has recently been implemented across the enterprise and this role is to maintain and enhance this tool configuration as its usage matures with more adoption and more application of agile projects. Responsibilities include:
- Operations & Maintenance
- Support for COTS configuration including maintenance and minor enhancements is a core component of the Operations & Maintenance responsibilities of MS Project Online and its related components
- Create/change/terminate user & resource accounts.
- Monitor and address problems with applicable servers and database.
- Respond, troubleshoot and resolve any operational problems to maintain availability of applications across environments
- Provide on-going production support and provide support to end users. The purpose of this effort is to obtain services to meet the full range of the government's requirements for the administrative, technical, and stakeholder support for the Project Online based solution.
- Conduct an impact analysis when a new version of Project Online adds new or modified functionality or when any current version that is being used must adapt to a new operating system or server environment.
- Ensure that the Project Online based solution remains operational and effective in supporting agency business processes and operations.
- Ensure that the Project Online based solution provides accurate processing, accounting and reporting of transactions.
- Determining the scope and cost (in time and dollars) of proposed enhancements or corrections to the existing Project Online based solution
- Making enhancements or corrections to the Project Online based solution as requested and approved by the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and the COR according to an agreed upon schedule
- Tier 3 Service Desk
- Troubleshoot and conduct analysis of the Project Online based solution user reported problems through Office of Information Technology's (OIT) Service Desk Technical process.
- Create, troubleshoot, resolve, and update production support tickets using approved tools opened by the end-users.
- Address production support requests.
- Provide Service Desk support, follow OIT Service Management, Incident and Problem Management processes (using approved service tool, or any future tools), and participate in root cause analysis in order to resolve production and user support issues. The Service Desk is the single point of contact for the end users on a day-to-day basis. The Service Desk has the total ownership of the incident reported by end users; therefore, it is the obligation of the Service Desk to inform users of the status of incidents.
- Revise procedures, operations guides, and supporting documentation as needed.
- Business Analysis
- Recommend and perform business, functional, and/or technical improvements for the affected modules
- Improve business processes using technical features of the existing software.
- Contribute business process support services for Project Online based solution planning, integration, and/or assessment activities.
- Provide advice and best practices research and expertise to applying project management processes, especially in agile practices to the tool.
- Create and run ad hoc reports when requested by users, stakeholders, and CORs and verify the reports are accurate and as expected.
- Represent the PMO in Configuration, Change, and Release Management processes.
- Comply with agency SDLC and Enterprise Architecture's standards to maintain and support related systems.
- Support the IT and Business Program Managers in conducting the annual operational analysis required by the Information Technology Portfolio Review Board (ITPRB).
- Continuity of Operations (COOP)
- Weekend, emergency and other support shall be required for example for software releases, software upgrades and COOP activities. Weekend and or on call support needed can be provided remotely if approved by COR and or PM.
- Provide ongoing training no less than twice a year.
- Provide one-on-one and mentoring training as requested.
- Prepare recommendations for training based on any operational changes. US Citizenship is required The ideal candidate to lead this effort has a strong development background in MS-Project Online tool design, configuration, and integration as well as MS-SharePoint configuration and customization. The individual must understand project management concepts, agile practices, and how to implement practical implementations in the tool. Specifically,
- Expert knowledge with design and delivering COTS Configuration MS Project Online utilizing approved user stories to develop configure the COTS solution
- Expert Knowledge to plan, manage, and control configuration of the solution as well as design, configure, test, and deploy MS Project Online maintenance releases
- Expert Knowledge in developing, testing, and installing of the COTS solution, as well as for installing and creating of user and administrative accounts in the production environments.
- Expert Knowledge in Project Online maintaining development and test environments as well as technical specifications for each of those environments.
- Proven experience in configuring MS-SharePoint as the underlying platform.
- Proven experience in Java Script and CSS customization.
- Excellent written and communication skills across a diverse audience of business, technical, and executives.
- Shows initiative and drive to improve the environment
- Proven experience in applying agile practices within the Project Online tool
- Team player Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in an information technology field of study Desirable Qualifications
- Experience working within federal government
- Applying Agile methodologies and techniques EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and commitment at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
Keywords: BRMi, Washington DC , Project Online Developer/Admin, Administration, Clerical , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!