Front Office Supervisor
Company: Highgate Hotels
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for providing attentive,
courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in,
throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room
revenue and occupancy.
* Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
* Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all
hotel standards are met (if applicable).
* Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours
of operation in a timely manner.
* Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to
guests and meeting rooms.
* Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
* Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants,
transportation, entertainment, etc.
* Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
* Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed
in the Red Book.
* Be familiar with all in-house groups.
* Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
* Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
* Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
* Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
* Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and
courteous manner. Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times
when communicating with other employees.
* Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system.
* Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift
checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
* Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification
report, and housekeeping report.
* Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift
according to hotel standards.
* Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
* Maintain a clean work area.
* Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
* College course work in related field helpful.
* Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Computer experience required.
* Customer Services experience preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times. Supervise all
team members in their respective roles at the Front Office.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying
concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and
assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Washington DC , Front Office Supervisor, Administration, Clerical , Woodbridge, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!