Front Desk Receptionist
Company: Advanced Surgical Care of Maryland
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job descriptionNEW ambulatory surgery center seeking a Full-Time
Receptionist to work M-F, no weekends. You must possess a high
school diploma or GED, one year of experience (preferably in an
Ambulatory Surgery Center), strong ethical and moral character
references, and excellent telephone and basic computer
skills.Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited
to the following: PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Acts as the facility receptionist while answering incoming
referral calls and completing scheduling for patients. Responsible
for ensuring required demographic, financial, referral, and
clinical and other admission data is collected, completed, and
communicated per the center's policies and procedures. Provides
secretarial and administrative support as needed.PRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Coordinate and execute patient scheduling.
- Handle patient scheduling at the center; schedule and input
appointments into the computer scheduling module in a timely and
- Informs management of patient cancellations or additions and
inputs adjustments into the computer scheduling module.
- Contacts patient and/or referral source when a patient fails to
report or cancels an appointment. Documents why patient canceled or
failed to report.Complete registration and admissions of patients.
- Complete front-end process of billing procedure ensuring all
information is entered into the computer registration module.
- Obtain necessary patient information - clinical, financial, and
demographic - from referral sources to initiate the admissions
- Interview patient or patient representative or referral source
to obtain the necessary personal and financial data to determine
eligibility for admission.
- Obtain necessary signatures to ensure the efficient processing
of admissions data in accordance with the center's policies and
- Coordinate with a referral source or patient or patient's
physician to effectively resolve issues impacting patient's
- Ensure all aspects of patient confidentiality are maintained at
- Provide the patient with appropriate HIPPA information and
- Verify and obtain eligibility and benefits for all primary and
secondary insurances. If verification is processed via the
Internet, prints out and included in the registration packet.
- Perform pre-certification on all non-Medicare patients before
treatment is initiated.
- Assemble, file, and maintain patient medical records and
- Work closely with Business Office Manager to obtain and verify
all necessary information for billing purposes.Post-procedure
- Research any questions related to charge sheets.
- Distribute copies of all billing information and necessary
documents to the Business Office Manager on a daily basis.
- Send patient operative reports to referral source and patient's
physician within 72 hours of a completed procedure.
- Ensure appropriate signatures are included on all necessary
- Inspect patient charts post-procedure. Obtain physician
dictation and file in the medical record.
- File charge sheets in financial records.
- Purge medical records per policy and procedure.Perform a
variety of clerical and secretarial duties, including:
- Greet visitors and patients.
- Maintain inventory of office forms and supplies.
- Print the patient schedules and pull patient charts daily.
- Arrange for package pickup and delivery as needed.
- Review and comply with the Code of Conduct and all applicable
company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and
regulations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Day-to-day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff, and physicians.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious
diseases/materials.*Hourly wage begins at $13/hr., but is based on
experience and certifications.Job Types: Full-time, Part-timePay:
From $13.00 per hourBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Day shiftEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One
Keywords: Advanced Surgical Care of Maryland, Washington DC , Front Desk Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Lanham, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!