Company: Boys Town
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Business: Boys Town Job Summary : In a career as an
Administrative Assistant, you are often the backbone of Boys Towns
success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running
successfully and smoothly. You arent just a supporting player, but
someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to
benefit the organization and our mission. No matter the role you
play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future
of Americas youth. Schedule: Monday through Friday day hours.
- Performs general administrative functions including
photocopying, faxing, typing correspondence, mail, and maintaining
- Greets visitors and staff in person or via telephone,
determines their needs and directs them to the appropriate person
- Processes, maintains, and files departmental records including
youth files, payroll, purchasing, work orders, and other
- Maintains schedules and coordinates calendars for meetings and
other events; records, transcribes, and distributes meeting
minutes. Assists in organizing events as needed.
- Makes travel arrangements and completes expense reports as
- Tracks, researches, and prepares various reports, material
packets, and meeting/presentation materials.
- Completes departmentally specific administrative tasks as
applicable per area of responsibility.
- Serve as a role model for ethical behavior and promote
awareness and moral principles of the Mission, Vision, & Values of
Boys Town. Required Qualifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 1+ years of experience including some administrative or
clerical work is required.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures, practices, and
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of PC software applications with an advanced
ability to utilize Windows-based programs and Microsoft Office,
including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the
organization and with external business contacts in an articulate,
professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, meet
deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently at a high rate of
speed. About Boys Town : Boys Town has been changing the way
America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees
have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha,
Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care
organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town
National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into
the health care and research fields, offering even more career
opportunities to those looking to make a real difference. Our
employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys
Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to
making the world a better place for children, families, patients,
and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their
families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free
prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance,
parenting resources from our experts and professional development
opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working
at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. Date
Posted :April 15, 2021 This advertisement describes the general
nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive
list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an
equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the
E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. To request a
disability-related accommodation in the application process,
contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Washington DC , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!