Chief Administrative Officer
Posted on: February 25, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: The PCAOB oversees
the audits of public companies and SEC-registered brokers and
dealers in order to protect investors and further the public
interest in the preparation of informative, accurate, and
independent audit reports. Job Description Summary The Chief
Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for the overall
strategic direction, leadership, and management of the PCAOB's
Office of Administration which includes Finance, Human Resources,
and Facilities. The CAO, an officer of the organization, reports to
the Chairman. The position is located in the PCAOB's Washington, DC
- Leads the Office of Administration and also serves as
- Provides strategic direction and leadership on the
organization's operational goals and vision, including enhancements
(e.g. systems solutions);
- Serves as the chair of the fiduciary committee for the PCAOB's
- Serves as the Co-Chair of the PCAOB's Crisis Management Team
and works with members of the Crisis Management Team on business
continuity planning and disaster recovery and employee safety
- Interacts with and advises the Chairman, Board members,
leadership and staff from other offices within the PCAOB as well as
staff of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; and
- Works closely with the Chief Financial Officer and other
leaders to ensure that the PCAOB maintains an effective system of
internal controls over financial reporting. Qualifications
- Education/Technical Expertise
- Bachelor's degree; MBA or Master's degree in a relevant
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, PCAOB auditing standards and COSO
- Minimum of 15+ years related experience; including supervising
diverse teams including human resources, budget, finance, and
- Experience identifying, considering, and resolving a variety of
complex policy questions and problems;
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) with a
demonstrated ability to connect with people on multiple issues at
- Strategic and fast-paced thinker coupled with a
"roll-up-the-sleeves" mindset, willing to immerse himself/herself
in the business and demonstrate initiative to solve problems;
- Proven skill as a leader capable of building, managing, and
retaining a first class staff;
- High levels of initiative, drive and poise coupled with
maturity, professionalism and patience;
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
- Leadership/Management Skills and Abilities
- Ability to drive a positive "tone at the top" of the
organization and hold others accountable for doing the same.
- Ensures that own behavior and the behavior of others is
consistent with the highest ethical standards and aligns with the
values of the organization.
- Must be able to motivate and inspire employees at all levels of
the organization in order to enhance team commitment and individual
- Proven ability to develop, coach, and mentor staff, providing
constant feedback and clear direction.
- Ability to promote collaboration by unifying teams, setting
common goals and incentivizing collaborative behavior.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining positive
working relationships with others, both internally and externally,
to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Strong ability to build credibility, organize effectively,
solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- Possesses the balance and emotional intelligence required to
meet the diverse needs of the divisions/offices.
- Proven ability to navigate and resolve various types of
conflict in a timely and productive manner. Our Values As we seek
to accomplish our mission and implement our vision, we expect
integrity, pursue excellence, operate with effectiveness, embrace
collaboration, and demand accountability. All PCAOB employees are
entitled to equal opportunity and a professional work environment,
free of discrimination and harassment. A workplace free of
discrimination is fundamental to professional success and to the
PCAOB's mission. The PCAOB will consider for employment all
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with applicable law.
Keywords: PCAOB, Washington DC , Chief Administrative Officer, Administration, Clerical , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!