Resident Services Office Supervisor
Company: Related Companies
Location: Fort Washington
Posted on: March 29, 2020
The Resident Services Specialist, under the supervision of Property
Manager, is responsible for the direct supervision of the Resident
Services office and the Related Rentals Foundations program in
compliance with all company policies and procedures and with Equal
Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes. In
addition, the Resident Services Specialists responsibilities
include accounts receivable functions (collections and controlling
delinquency), administering the RMC Service Request Program and
addressing all site control issues.
The Resident Services Specialist's tasks include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Ensures timely rent posting and bank deposits.
- Aggressively pursues rent collections and controls delinquency
(2% of GP by monthly close out).
- Processes write offs after completing move out
- Promptly files all outstanding balances on previous residents
with the collection agenc
- Obtains an activity report for the property each quarter from
the police department. Updates the Microsoft Excel
- Conducts routine building inspections.
- Issues infraction notices for all observed lease violations
(patio, dish, trash violations).
- Completes service requests for all necessary building and/or
common area repairs.
- Ensures property cleanliness (breezeways, common areas,
laundry, restrooms, and mail).
- Inspects the landscaping and notifies the landscaper of failing
shrubs and plant material. Requests approval from the Property
Manager to improve areas in need of new sod or fresh
- Inspects canals and informs the Maintenance Supervisor and
janitorial staff when trash and debris removal is necessary.
Contacts the canal maintenance service for all other
- Supervises the service request program to assure a prompt
response time by the maintenance staff, as well as proper follow up
by the administrative staff according to RMC policy. Pursues
resources as needed to provide high levels of service.
- Follows up with residents on notices to vacate to encourage
- Assesses and resolves resident complaints
- Confirms that residents are fully and properly notified of all
issues that affect their residency.
- Prepares and processes appropriate written communications such
as memos, letters and reports. Copies of all correspondence should
remain on file, as well as documented on the Interview
- Organizes and hosts social events to promote resident
- Conducts follow up on all annual resident survey
- Oversees the recertification and renewal process.
- Reviews the recertification tickler on a weekly basis.
- Spot checks several recertification files on a weekly
- Reviews all agency reports for accuracy prior to submission to
the Training and Development Specialist.
- Compares the recertification tickler, recap and rent roll
report once per month for consistency.
- Maintains a neat and organized office environment (desks,
files, equipment, etc).
- Prepares Incident reports. Provides proper notification to
management and the insurance carrier.
- Prepares community awareness letters when necessary.
- Maintains accurate resident data (emergency numbers, work
- Supervises the Administrative Assistant. Reviews the open
service request report, tags out and resident calls back log on a
- Works together with the Property Manager to maintain good
relations between staff members of the resident services office and
- Meets with the Property Manager on a daily basis to inform
him/her of pending issues and potential liabilities.
- Participates in special projects as requested by the Property
Manager and/or regional staff
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team of
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Exposure to accounts payable helpful.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For information about how we use your personal information,
including information submitted for career opportunities, please
Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate
firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a
fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with
experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions,
management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York
City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston,
Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington,
D.C., Abu Dhabi, London and Shanghai and boasts a team of over
3,000 professionals. The Companys existing portfolio of real estate
assets, valued at over $30 billion, is made up of best-in-class
developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all
Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan
luxury by introducing extraordinary residential rental properties
in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City.
With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new
standards of excellence in the luxury rental marketplace. To ensure
that every resident in every Related building enjoys the very
finest services, unsurpassed amenities, and a luxury lifestyle
without compromise, Related Companies takes great pride in managing
every building it owns. Related owns and manages 261 Hudson, 456
Washington, Abington House, The Caledonia, The Easton, The Lyric,
MiMA, One Carnegie Hill, One Union Square South, Riverwalk
Crossing, Riverwalk Point, The Sierra, The Strathmore, The Tate,
Tribeca Green, Tribeca Park, Tribeca Tower, The Westminster and The
Westport in New York City (and manages 1214 Fifth Avenue and 89
Murray also in New York City), One Back Bay and The Arlington in
Boston, 500 Lake Shore Drive and Landmark West Loop in Chicago, The
Emerson in Los Angeles, The Paramount in San Francisco and One Hill
South in Washington, D.C. Related also owns an extensive portfolio
of workforce and affordable housing and has several new rental
developments underway across the country. For more information
about Related Companies please visitwww.related.com
Keywords: Related Companies, Washington DC , Resident Services Office Supervisor, Administration, Clerical , Fort Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!