Company: Le Meridien Arlington
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-VA-Arlington# of Openings: 1Category:
Accounting/FinancePosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status:
In the urban village of Rosslyn, Le Mridien Arlington is centrally
located among top destinations in the Washington, D.C. region. This
stylish boutique hotel is also close to numerous restaurants,
shopping options, and corporate offices. Amuse boasts innovative
Italian cuisine as well as an inviting terrace with close views of
the Potomac River. Meanwhile, Amuse Bar is a sophisticated setting
for lounging and enjoying signature cocktails and renowned wines.
Our 154 engaging guest rooms and suites provide ample space for
business, leisure, or an intersection of the two.
Le Meridien Arlington inspires its artists to savor the culture and
enjoy the offerings of its local area. Together with competitive
benefits programs to include the tuition reimbursement program and
employee assistance program, creative and health initiatives, our
artists collaborate together to cultivate and make new experiences
come to life.
Assist Controller in directing the financial activities of the
hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports
in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI
Hotels and Resorts Standards. Experience preffered with Finance
responsibilities to include Income Audit and Accounts
- Sort and verify accuracy of Night Audit work (primarily
receivables aspect), i.e. including reconciliation of banquet check
extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and
promotion checks with back-up. Record department administration
phone calls and inform Controller of any potential concern.
- Post city ledger payments in property management system,
reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up
billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller
of any potential uncollectible accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and
inform Controller of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards
(AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all
- Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and
credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned checks
accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Accounting and Hotel experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Ability to operate personal computer and calculator.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
- Be able to satify and meet the following critera:
- Daily Tasks:
- AR - Review Clear Zero Based Accounts
- Group Advance Deposits & Payments
- Create Group Handover Folder
- Group Invoice Processing
- Guest Calls/Folio Request
- Send out billing to Sales by 2 nd Business Day
- Resume Meeting
- Group 10 Day Payment Status
- Credit References to HCA
- Chargebacks (unless deadline is approaching)
- Update the Chargebacks Log
- Tax Exemption Log
- AR Review Meeting with ADOF
- File Group Folders Upon Completion
- Send out Direct Billing Update
- Credit Meeting (w/Meetings)
- 30-60-90 City Ledger Explanation
- Inventories Assistances
- Setting up new vendors Direct Billings
- Other duties as assigned.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Le Meridien Arlington, Washington DC , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Arlington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!