Account Director - Senior - Federal Capture
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. Employer offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit Employer for more information.
We are in the process of filling open positions for the combined company following Employer---s acquisition of Level 3 Communications. All qualified candidates who express interest by submitting an application to an open posting will be considered. However, based on business needs, preference may be given to internal applicants on certain positions. We still welcome, and encourage, all application submissions while we continue our integration process.-- Internal applicants are current, active Employer employees, including Level 3 employees who have transitioned to Employer as part of the acquisition.
The Capture Manager will drive initiatives to develop winning strategies and execute responses to complex and challenging classified telecommunications opportunities in the Government sector. They will work in close cooperation with stakeholders, develop and lead cross-functional teams to define positioning strategy to maximize win potential. When opportunities result in RFPs, the Capture Manager will work closely with proposal development staff to develop responses to RFPs.--
- Develop detailed proposal plans identifying all risk with clearly defined risk-mitigation strategies. Proposal plans are inclusive of solicitation summaries, competitive analysis, intended win themes, resource requirements and intended assignments, proposal development time-lines, risk analysis, return-on-investment analysis and cost of capture projections.
- Review bid opportunities and develop bid/no-bid decisions with supporting rationale. Track the status of potential opportunities that have been identified as targets.
- Continually analyze the company---s competition and formulate plans to develop and maintain advantage.
- Develop appropriate business models with management and the commercial response team.
- Initiate and negotiate teaming agreements, statements of work, and subcontracts directly.
- Direct responsibility for developing and writing the executive summary and any other sections where a dedicated resource was not allocated.
- Drive proposal activity and team members to ensure progress toward defined schedule.
- Communicate bid strategies to the proposal team and to management. Continually re-evaluates and, if necessary, re-defines the winning bid strategy.
- Assemble appropriate bid teams with the cooperation of Program Management, Sales, Business Development, Proposal Management, Contracts, Product, Finance, and other internal and external resources. - Assign appropriate general responsibilities & specific tasks (with deadlines) for all proposal staff assigned. - Effectively manage the productivity and contributions of all team members (including those assigned from outside the channel) to produce the desired results.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a capture management role.--
- MBA or equivalent advanced business degree desired.--
- Federal Procurement training desired.--
- Must have direct experience with opportunity assessment, developing bid/no-bid decisions, requirements analysis & bid evaluation, definition of resource & budget requirements associated with potential bids, positioning, strategy development, and competitive strategy development.--
- Military experience is a plus
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Arlington; US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition #: 167226
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, ---protected statuses---).-- We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.-- Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Washington DC, Account Director - Senior - Federal Capture, Accounting, Auditing, Arlington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!