School Events and Field Trip Coordinator
Company: Mary's Center
Posted on: February 8, 2024
DescriptionBriya is committed to promoting diversity, equity and
inclusion (DEI) within our organization and the communities we
serve. We embrace diversity of experiences, ideas, and individuals,
and seek to bring a diverse group of candidates to the table.
Important Note: Briya is mandating the COVID-19 vaccine + booster
for all staff.
The School Events & Field Trip Coordinator is part of the team at
Briya Public Charter School - a leading two-generation education
program serving parents and their young children. Briya is a Tier
One Public Charter School, consistently achieving the highest
educational outcomes through its innovative, family-centric
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with sponsoring departments and the
Director of Operations to develop and execute a wide range of Briya
events including but not limited to:
- Recurring School Events - monthly staff meetings, staff
potlucks, Field trips, high-profile prospective student outreach
- Student Celebrations - Spirit Week/Count Week, Reading
Celebration, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, Winter Party, Student
- Holidays & Special Events - Staff Thanksgiving celebration,
Staff holiday party, 30th Anniversary events, Friends of Briya
events, Partner celebrations
- Understand each event's purpose and potentially complex needs;
manage multiple events with multiple deadlines and details
simultaneously; remain highly organized and detail-oriented while
also understanding events' big picture goals and objectives.
Planning & Collaboration
- Design new activities and programs to attract and engage
attendees and deliver on each event's goals and
- Use strong communication skills, presenting event ideas and
plans to staff in a variety of ways (presentation, in person, by
email). Work with and address multiple stakeholder needs in
designing and implementing events.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors to mitigate risk and stay
- Coordinate and oversee all event logistics including room
reservations, food and beverage planning and preparation,
talent/entertainment bookings, decor, etc.
- Manage timely internal communications for events, including
volunteer recruitment and staffing assignments.
- Work closely with marketing and communication department on all
event branding and communications plans.
Execution and Evaluation
- Meet and manage vendors, partners, volunteers, staff, and other
on-site event support. Coordinate and manage staffing needs at the
event, delegating roles and responsibilities as
- Manage and oversee all events and activities on the event day,
including problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating
with staff throughout the event, organizing vendors, and managing
- Greet students, partners and other event attendees. Set a
welcoming tone for the event.
- Use best practices to schedule post-event debrief meetings,
participant surveys, budget reconciliation, and other evaluations
- Working closely with education team, research engaging and
educational field trips that are extensions of the learning
families experiencing in parenting classes. Develop budget-friendly
field trip opportunities that introduce families to experiential
and interactive sites in Washington.
- Create schedules, routes, maps, and instructions related to
field trips. Provide staff orientations to sites and logistics
prior to field trips.
- Work with each site coordinator to ensure all Briya field trip
procedures are followed, including proper use of request forms,
permission slips, bus request forms, etc. Create and use a tracking
system for all related paperwork.
- Book and manage transportation as needed, serving as contact
for bus company.
- Work closely with finance department to request checks in a
timely fashion and stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure all field trips are listed on the master school calendar
and site-based calendars.
- Facilitate established field trip procedures with new staff,
students, and guests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of one-year experience in event planning
- Experience working with internal and external partners and
- English and Spanish proficiency (other languages a
- Experience managing outside vendors under contract
- Ability to work independently and without immediate
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out moderately complex, multi-step instructions and make
appropriate independent decisions as necessary.
Technology - Experience with and knowledge of computer operations.
Comfort with, or ability to learn, Windows 10 OS, Microsoft Office
Suite, and Google Business Suite.
Physical Demands - Regularly required sitting; frequently required
to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or
hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment - Day-to-day in a typical office setting with
quiet to moderate noise level. Events and field trips will be in
multiple settings and locations including: outdoors in nature,
indoors and outdoors in urban environments, riding various modes of
transportation (public and private), formal and informal functions,
in crowds and large groups, outdoors in all kinds of weather
including inclement. May require moderately strenuous physical
Keywords: Mary's Center, Washington DC , School Events and Field Trip Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!