Financial Specialist 2
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: February 6, 2024
The Financial Specialist 2 completes work assignments within
established quality standards. Communicates effectively with
various audiences using the most appropriate method. Counsels
patients on financial liability using available financial
counseling tools to achieve maximum reimbursement for patient
services. Verifies and enters insurance information and
authorization/referral requirements. Contributes to a safe patient
care environment.Job Responsibilities
- Accepts responsibility to review and correct errors before
completion and routes to others for review when
- Participates in process improvement activities and makes
suggestions for new or revised policies and procedures.
- Reports all near misses, accidents, and occurrences for
patients, visitors, and staff. Observe the working environment for
potential and actual hazards. Attends patient safety training and
maintains current safety certifications - if required.
- Responds to problems with a sense of urgency. Uses a logical
process to identify the problem's origin and develop appropriate
- Demonstrates an understanding of frontend functions that
initiate patient care such as scheduling, registration, and care
- Informs and consults with team members, leaders, and
stakeholders about potential barriers that impact team
- Anticipates overload and peak work conditions and makes
plans/identifies resources to resolve them.
- Demonstrates an understanding of account resolution processes
such as benefit verification, insurance classification, billing
complaint claims, and account follow-up.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
High school or GED
3 years of patient access experience
- Basic communication and computer skills
- Proven history of sound decision making, problem solving, and
Keywords: Inova Health System, Washington DC , Financial Specialist 2, Accounting, Auditing , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!