Senior Grants & Contracts Accountant
Company: Mary's Center
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Mary's Center is committed to promoting diversity,
equity and inclusion (DEI) within our organization and the
communities we serve. We embrace diversity of experiences, ideas,
and individuals, and seek to bring a diverse group of candidates to
Important Note: Mary's Center is mandating the COVID-19 vaccine +
booster for all staff.
Senior Grant Accountant will be primarily responsible for
maintaining/managing grant and contract invoicing and reporting to
grantor agencies, maintaining professional relations with programs
and grant/contract monitors, following up with grantors and
contractors to ensure payments are received in a timely fashion and
ensuring adequate records are maintained for all grants and
This position will report directly to the Grants & Contracts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Prepare all required grant and contract invoices for submission
to the appropriate agencies and post to sub-ledger and GL in a
timely fashion as required by grantor.
- Maintain filing system for grant & performance contracts,
checks, correspondences, invoices, grant reconciliations and
reports pertaining to each award.
- Review grant spending reports with program managers on a
monthly basis to assist them with budget to actual analysis and
provide feedback on the milestone and actions to be taken.
- Assure all reports, invoices and renewals are in compliance
with schedules stipulated in the grant or contract awards - work
closely with the Grant committee to get notification of when
reports are due.
- Responsible for monthly grants account reconciliation to assure
all grant revenues, and expenses, accounts receivable and deferred
revenues are recorded in the appropriate months. Release Temporary
restricted revenues on a monthly basis.
- Follow up with grantors regarding invoice payment status and
document on the receivable status report on a monthly
- Train or coach other Staff Accountants and serve as backup for
other Grant Accountants as necessary.
- Prepare assigned functions required for month-end
- Work closely with program staff and finance team to coordinate
and provide documentation for grant site visits and all other
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Grants & Contracts
Supervisor, Assistant Controller or Executive Vice President (EVP)
of Finance to maintain the fiscal well-being of Mary's Center.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities -
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a non-profit
contract/grant management setting.
- BA in Accounting or Finance preferred, or equivalent
- Requires experience in working with computerized accounting
systems; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, strong
analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work/communicate effectively in a team, across
organizational lines, and with program staff, grantors, donors,
vendors, and community.
Language Requirements - Ability to communicate proficiently in
English is required. Ability to communicate in another language a
Physical Demands - Regularly required to sit; frequently required
to reach with hands and arms; required to walk, stoop, kneel,
crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to
twenty-five (25) pounds.
Work Environment - Mostly in a typical office and/or home setting
with quiet to moderate noise level. May be exposed to extreme cold,
heat, and humidity due to outside weather conditions. Opportunity
to work a hybrid schedule - remotely & onsite, as needed.
- Health Insurance: medical, dental & vision - plus retirement
options through 403(b) contribution and investment
- 25 days of paid leave annually (in addition to paid holidays),
plus 5 educational days
- Tuition reimbursement of $2000/year towards education
assistance and professional development
- Transportation subsidy via metro & bus
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Keywords: Mary's Center, Washington DC , Senior Grants & Contracts Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!