Grants Accountant 1
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The Grants Accountant 1 provides primary grant accounting
functions for all awarded grants through their final closing. This
includes grant monitoring, compliance, and reporting
responsibilities. The Grants Account 1 must have experience within
Grants Accounting and monthly invoicing. Experience within Oracle
Grants Accounting Module is a plus. Open to remote applicants.
- Assists with the setup of new grants and maintenance of
previous grants awarded.
- Prepares and posts journal entries.
- Prepares and maintains account analyses and
- Performs monthly invoicing within Oracle Grants Accounting
- Performs comparative analysis of statistical and financial
information to identify unusual items and, if necessary, makes
corrections or provides explanations.
- Prepares efficient and effective spreadsheets.
- Performs analyses of actual/budget variances.
- Draws reasonable conclusions based on financial analyses and
clearly presents conclusions.
- Investigates and resolves discrepancies timely and
- Effectively navigates computerized general ledger system to
complete accounting transactions and performs necessary transaction
- May perform additional duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail
Associates Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
OR HS Diploma/GED and 4 additional years of experience.
- Analytical thinking
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures including
preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and basic
- Working knowledge of internal control systems and accounting
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word
Keywords: Inova Health System, Washington DC , Grants Accountant 1, Accounting, Auditing , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!