Program Budget Analyst
Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Description Are you a creative problem solver? Do you want to
make a difference that counts? Join Leidos and make a difference
for our Federal customers in national security as a high-performing
program analyst within the National Nuclear Security Administration
(NNSA) Office for Strategic Partnership Programs.You will use and
develop your planning, budgeting, and evaluation skills on a
portfolio of research and development academic programs crucial to
the national nuclear weapon stockpile. This is a full-time
contractor-support position that involves on-site work at the NNSA
offices in Washington DC, periodic travel, and the opportunity of
remote telework.Required Clearance:Ability to obtain and maintain a
DOE Q security clearancePrimary Responsibilities:
- Providing Federal Program Managers with clear, concise,
accurate, and timely budget analyses and information to support
- Execute monthly and routine budget processes in the execution
of Federal programs including paperwork and interaction with
budget-related offices and staff.
- Responding to short-notice what-if inquiries and data calls
from within NNSA, the Secretary of Energy, and other senior
- Developing complex spreadsheets, program planning and budget
briefings, and issuing papers describing the project outcomes and
benefits of academic programs in meeting national defense
- Monitoring and reporting to Federal staff the progress of
programmatic plans and solutions of academic programs relative to
the schedule, and advising whether program deliverables conform to
customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated
- Documenting and taking minutes for technical reviews and
- Ensure that action items/responses are documented and completed
in a professional and timely manner, and in conformance with DP,
NNSA, and DOE policy, procedure, and precedent, including
compliance with managing classified information.
- Completing annual, quarterly, and other periodic reporting
requirements at program reviews and meetings.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Draft and/or edit new and existing materials including fact
sheets, budget worksheets, reports, and/or briefings.Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance,
Accounting, Economics, Math, or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of program/budget analysis experience.
- Demonstrated history of using financial knowledge and
analytical strengths to inform strategic decisions
- Ability to track and follow through on multiple often
unanticipated daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with frequent
and extensive use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, and
dashboards/business intelligence reports or similar programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with
demonstrated experience in developing briefings for
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills; ability to
synthesize information into meaningful messages for various
- Skilled at delivering results on short timelines.
- Strong communication skills; ability to handle sensitive
- Demonstrated experience with web-based research and literature
- Shows initiative; ability to work as a team player and
- Careful attention to detail is required, ability to multi-task;
strong organizational skills.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in academia/teaching environment
- Experience in developing briefings for senior and executive
- Experience with academic programs including acquisition,
procurement, collaborations, grants, and/or cooperative
- Knowledge of Tableau SoftwarePay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 -
$91,000.00 - $122,850.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is
a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Washington DC , Program Budget Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...