Company: Jubilee Association of Maryland
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Position Summary. The Bookkeeper for Custodial Accounts helps
people with intellectual and developmental disabilities with
financial management. This includes paying bills, making deposits,
reconciling, reporting, and managing custodial, ABLE and trust
- Provide great customer service and clear communication while
helping people with disabilities manage their finances.
- Monitor client asset levels and support Medicaid and Social
Security eligibility through annual reporting, spending planning,
and use of ABLE and trust accounts to keep assets below required
benefits eligibility thresholds.
- Prepare and post deposits.
- Review and post payments.
- Process invoices, check requests, and petty cash.
- Assist with month-end account reconciliation and analysis,
annual audit preparation, financial report preparation, analysis,
- Cross train for coverage of other duties on the Accounting and
- Recommend processes to mitigate discrepancies and errors in
- Anticipate and proactively suggest -ways to enhance efficiency
or quality of work and recommend when appropriate. -
- Be a team player across the organization and participate in
regular meetings of primary team, management team, agency wide,
strategic planning, and such.
- Assume responsibility for tasks or projects delegated by the
- Other duties as assigned.Starting Pay: $28.85 per hour and very
competitive benefits, including health/dental/life insurance, 4
weeks vacation, paid parental leave, student loan assistance, $1000
annual staff development fund, and much moreNote: Jubilee requires
all employees to be vaccinated against COVID, including a booster
if due. - - Qualifications:
- 6 credits of college level accounting classes.
- 2 or more years accounting experience.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Very strong technology skills to effectively use these systems
and applications: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Dynamics, MITC,
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, results-driven
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgement and take initiative
and make -recommendations in resolving problems.
- True passion for the mission of the organization; desire to
work with and learn from people who have intellectual and
- Bilingual (English/Spanish is a plus.About Jubilee. Jubilee
Association of Maryland is a faith-based nonprofit that provides
opportunities and support for adults with intellectual and other
developmental disabilities to live in and enrich their community
while fulfilling their personal, family, social, and spiritual
needs. Jubilee was started by Hyattsville Mennonite Church in 1978
as part of the movement to bring people with intellectual
disabilities out of segregated institutions and into the community.
Since then, Jubilee has grown to be a leader in person-centered
disability services, currently supporting more than 140 people who
are included in their communities across Montgomery County,
Maryland. The organization has a staff of more than 300 and an
annual budget of more than $20 million. Through partnerships,
innovation, and attentive care, Jubilee is a leader in providing
the highest quality services and helping its clients demonstrate
the power of inclusion. Learn more at www.jubileemd.org.Jubilee
Association of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer that
values a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin,
citizenship, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, age, disability, physical characteristics, veteran status,
or religion. - -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Jubilee Association of Maryland, Washington DC , Custodial Bookkeeper, Accounting, Auditing , Kensington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...