Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Controller About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a technology company with almost 10 years in the
business and in an exciting and creative industry.
- Due to growth, they are hiring a Controller in their Washington
DC headquarters in a hybrid remote role.
- The leadership team are seasoned entrepreneurs and dedicated to
employee success. This is a great opportunity to learn the business
and expand responsibilities.
- This is a fun and vibrant culture - great company trips and
events, and a unique indoor/outdoor work space.
- They offer excellent benefits, including: Generous healthcare
plan, unlimited PTO, lots of residual perks (kegerator, espresso,
events in the office, etc.), 401K, career advancement, and highly
competitive base salaries.
- Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
- "Innovate, fast-growing, and great company culture. Excited to
be along for the ride!"
- "Lots of autonomy in roles and room for growth, flexible hours,
solid location, and really great mission."
- "Opportunity to take initiative and run with ideas. Leadership
has a lot of industry experience and knowledge and always wants to
coach employees. Talented team of people focused on solving big
problems, and staying mission driven." Overview of the Controller
- Supervise the accounting staff
- Provide technical leadership, development plans, counsel,
review and selection of accounting team.
- Manage and lead annual financial audits and cost report
- Review and improve as necessary accounting process ensuring
compliance with GAAP
- Responsible for development, implementation and verification of
- Direct and manage general ledger, payroll, payables, billing,
receivables, and accounting.
- Direct and manage the preparation of internal and external
financial reports to support the organizations strategic and
operating decision-making. Preferred Qualifications for the
- 15+ years of accounting experience, must have full cycle
- BS degree (preferred accounting)
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Excel - proficient Excel - able to do v look ups, pivot
- QuickBooks experience a plus
- Revenue recognition
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Washington DC , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!