Revenue Accountant (USA Remote)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company Description When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed
into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global
education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered
with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and
fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000
academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our
services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback
Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and
ProctorExam.Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia,
Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine,
the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of
colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference
in education. Come join us, and let's make change together. - Job
Description Revenue Accountant (perm and temp)
- Summary of role: - -
- Assist in the application of our Revenue Recognition policies
and procedures to all transactions with our customers, partners and
- Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assist with sections of the monthly revenue close process,
which includes preparation of journal entries, account
reconciliations, and analysis of Deferred Revenue, Booked Revenue
and Royalty Expenses
- Assist with the monthly commission close process for both
resellers and in-house sales teams, working with internal
stakeholders to ensure payments are reported in line with
- Assist with the update of revenue and commission related
- Assist Finance team in maintaining and updating internal
documentation for revenue policies, procedures and controls,
flagging suggestions for improvement and efficiency
- Assist with schedule preparation and inquiries related to
year-end audit Qualifications -
- 2 years experience in staff accounting (Revenue experience a
- High level of excel skills
- Experience with excel-based reconciliations and month-end
- High level of curiosity, initiative, ownership and problem
solving - Additional Information Our Mission is to ensure the
integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning
outcomes. -Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity
and improve learning outcomes by -putting educators and learners at
the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are
constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables
them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin.
It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we
work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower
teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate
effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace
diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact
on education. -Seeing Beyond the Job AdAt Turnitin, we recognize
it's unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in
a job ad. -We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of
the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If
you're willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
-Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have
equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Turnitin, Washington DC , Revenue Accountant (USA Remote), Accounting, Auditing , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!