Senior Director, Tax
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Unit Description:Sodexo is seeking a Senior Director, Tax to
oversee all aspects of US Income Tax provision and international
calculations (Canada). You will identify uncertain tax positions,
operate as main contact with external tax auditors, and work with
both the global tax team and financial planning teams to support
and report US effective tax rate. This role will lead a small team,
while also working with the larger Tax team across Sodexo. Role
will be a coach/mentor larger tax team in provision space.
This position will be a hybrid role (combination of remote/office);
office location will be Gaithersburg, MD. Relocation assistance
Position Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute comprehensive tax strategy for
- Oversee all aspects of US income tax provision including
international calculations (GILTI, BEAT, 163j).
- Identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Operate as the point of contact with the external tax
- Calculate and document transfer pricing charges from parent and
- Review Canadian tax provision
- Work with Global Tax Team to answer questions/support US
- Work with Financial Planning & Reporting Team to report US
- Determine tax impact of IFRS technical accounting
- Prepare/Review tax technical memorandums to document
- Coordinate tax positions with Tax Compliance team.
- Prepare/Review spreadsheets for tax planning including modeling
financial impacts of tax changes.
- Supervise research, implementation, and monitoring of
tax-planning projects. Ability to think creatively in addressing
- Serve as tax subject matter expert to other departments and
provide support as needed.
- Responsible for developing and interpreting internal policies
and procedures and is seen as a resource to others.
- Analyze tax implications of law/business changes and make
recommendations to Vice President, Tax.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Vice President, Tax
or Global Tax Vice President
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS/BA (concentration in Accounting or Finance a plus)
- CPA or MST a plus
- At least 10 years of tax experience with a Public Accounting
firm and/or Industry tax department
- Proven ability to work independently, in teams and with all
levels of Management
- Fast learner
- Proven High level of initiative
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and analytical
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Accounting systems, SAP, and OneSource Tax
- ASC 740 / IAS 12 knowledge
- Sound business judgmentAt Sodexo, we believe every employee
should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a
healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We
also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings
programs, 401k, access to our employee assistance program, and
other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career
goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate
Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and
Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living, and Sports and Leisure
locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Position Summary:Provides leadership to managers (or individual
contributors where oversight is of large, complex support,
production or operations function); may also provide leadership to
supervisors and/or professional staff. Responsible for the
performance and results of multiple related units surrounding
organization tax policy and monitoring compliance. Analyzes the tax
implications of the organization's activities, projects and
investments. Responsible for minimizing tax liability and
maximizing after-tax profits and cash flows. Ensure compliance with
all national and local tax laws and regulations. Develops
departmental plans, including business, production, operational
and/or organizational priorities. Controls resources and policy
formation in area of responsibility. Decisions are guided by
resource availability and functional objectives.Qualifications &
Requirements:Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or
equivalent experienceBasic Management Experience - 10 yearsBasic
Functional Experience - 10 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Washington DC , Senior Director, Tax, Accounting, Auditing , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!