Investment Officer - Equity and Fintech Specialist
Company: United Nations International Children's Emergency
Posted on: February 25, 2021
You are here: Home / United States / Senior Investment Officer -
Equity and Fintech Specialist at World Bank, Washington, DC, United
States Senior Investment Officer - Equity and Fintech Specialist at
World Bank, Washington, DC, United States The World Bank Group
(WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible
applicants for the post of Senior Investment Officer - Equity and
Fintech Specialist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration
of this post is 3 years. (Ad) What tools do you need to raise funds
for your organization? A grants database, a donor search option,
sample proposals, a library of guidebooks on how to raise funds, a
grants map, a deadline calendar, training from fundraising experts
and an alert system to give you timely information about new
opportunities. We have all of these in our Premium Membership
service - now available at 50% discount. $49.99 per year only.
Click here ! WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme
poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared
prosperity and greater equity in the developing world. Key Job
Responsibilities The Senior Investment Officer - Equity and Fintech
Specialist will perform the following functions- (Ad) --How can I
search grant information of my interest?
- Promote IFC's investments in the Fintech sector globally.
- Be the primary contact point between the investment teams
located in Latin America and the Fintech global team and maintain
relationships with regional investment teams and WBG teams to
develop future business opportunities together.
- Develop vertical, regional and country Fintech strategies,
mappings, and portfolio composition targets for our investments in
- Develop and maintain strong senior industry relationships with
investors, companies, government and regulators, development
partners, financial sector players to understand the market and
trends, identify and invest in opportunities together.
- Build a constant and strong pipeline of potential
- Identify and execute viable investment transactions; maximize
development impact and profitability.
- Develop and implement innovative and appropriate financial
structures and negotiate and structure complex equity deals.
- Lead project teams for fintech investments including
co-supervising and providing guidance and mentoring to junior staff
on transaction processing, including conducting company due
diligence, valuation, financial analysis, and transaction
- Lead all fintech expertise and knowledge in the region.
- Provide fintech expertise and equity structuring guidance to
investment teams on transactions involving fintech business model
aspects. Eligibility Criteria Applicants must have:
- Master's Degree in a related field and at least 8-12 year's of
- Master's degree in finance, economics or other related
- Candidates with MBA, CPA, or CFA would have an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of how IFC and WBG work, their corporate
strategies and priorities, how they assess risk-reward trade-offs,
and how they assess development impact and outcomes.
- Deep understanding of the drivers of the financial sector and
how Fintechs act as disrupters or supporters in this space.
- In-depth understanding of sector drivers, business and market
development cycles, and how business performance and long-term
competitiveness and viability are measured within a sector and how
sector dynamics may evolve within a country or region.
- Proven leadership in analytical, financial analysis, equity
valuation, and financial modeling skills to analyze and form
conclusions on company financial information or projects and
- Strong credit skills and excellent business judgment.
- Excellent negotiation and equity structuring skills.
- Ability to oversee and provide quality control feedback on
financial models prepared by analysts.
- Proven network in the region and capacity to build productive
and mutually beneficial relationships and networks internally and
externally to identify business opportunities, discuss structuring
alternatives, and resolve issues.
- Original thinking / quick learning abilities with strong
initiative and drive, as well as attention to details.
- Ability to anticipate market trends that pose risks and
opportunities for both new business opportunities and existing
portfolio projects, including in complex markets. How to Apply (Ad)
--Looking for Grants and Donors for your country? Applicants must
submit their applications through online process. FUNDSFORNGOS
Office 1018 1060 Broadway,
Albany New York 12204 USA Unless otherwise specified, this website
is not affiliated to any of the organizations mentioned above in
any manner. The material provided here is solely for informational
purposes only without any warranty. Visitors are advised to use it
at their own discretion. Read the full disclaimer here .
Keywords: United Nations International Children's Emergency , Washington DC , Investment Officer - Equity and Fintech Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!