Director of Finance
Company: Native American Finance Officers Association
Posted on: January 14, 2021
The Director of Finance has the affirmative responsibility to
create, direct, and provide effective leadership for all finance
department activities including: reporting, accounting, finance,
compliance, analytics, cash operations, payroll, revenue audit,
purchasing, warehouse, and count drop. Duties/Responsibilities
- Direct timely and accurate preparation and interpretation of
all financial statements and reports appropriate for the users and
in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Create and interpret financial forecasts and models.
- Establish and maintain internal controls necessary to safeguard
Casino assets and ensures adherence to compliance and regulatory
MICS, TICS, and SICS.--
- Oversee and support all external auditors for annual and
- Formulate and administer Casino-wide budget including:
development of all departmental operating budgets, monthly
departmental P & L and key performance indicators review.
- Oversee maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure
compliance with Casino policies and procedures, standard accounting
principles, gaming controls, and all regulatory agencies, as
- Conduct regular reviews and or create custom reports for making
improvements to internal controls, financial software systems,
business processes, operational and accounting practices, and
staffing levels to increase effectiveness, increase revenues,
and/or decrease expenses.
- Provide professional leadership to the finance department
including; hiring, training and development, reviews, coaching, and
- Proficiency with casino accounting best business practices,
bank account reconciliation, and adherence to any and all loan
- Must be physically present to work a regular, reliable, and
predictable work schedule in accordance with business demands, and
maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities, tasks, or
duties as requested. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manage hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling,
disciplining, motivating, and coaching employees.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions
to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and
professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information;
protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company
standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with
others; support team to reach common goals. This description
incorporates the most typical duties performed. It is recognized
that other duties, not specifically mentioned, may also be
performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the
overall scope of this position. Performance Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work
habits, deliver superior service to internal and external guests,
exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, and
integrity, and comply with all governing policies and
- Employ positive communication skills and exercise professional
interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests
and co-workers at all times.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in the workplace,
including appearance, communication, attendance, reliability, and
- Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and
neat work area and excellent time management skills, leading to the
highest levels of productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the position and
demonstrate proficiency in the position requirements.--
- Demonstrate support and comply with all Safety program elements
including: adherence to policies, exercise of safe work practices,
participation in training, use of protective equipment, and
reporting all safety concerns, hazards, and non-compliant
- Participate in open communication and provide feedback to
management regarding operations, staffing, personal development,
and operational productivity.
- Serve as a contributing Team Member of the Soboba Band of
Luise--o Indians enhancing the Casino's operations in all its
business endeavors. Education / Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age, or older.
- Four (4) year degree in related field with CPA, required.
- MBA preferred.
- Ten (10) plus years similar experience in a gaming
- Relevant experience managing financial elements of building
construction (new build, renovations) desired.
- Must possess expert level skills in all Microsoft Office
- Must possess demonstrated ability to create and effectively
deliver presentations regarding financial performance, forecasts,
and models to key stakeholders.
- Must be able to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the
United States of America. Certificates, Licenses and Registration
- Certified Public Accountant
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Soboba Tribal Gaming
- Required to submit to and obtain negative results on all drug
and/or alcohol testing. Growing Tribal Economies.
Strengthening Tribal Finance.
Keywords: Native American Finance Officers Association, Washington DC , Director of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!